$12 worth of sea shells, huh ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Winning bidder to pay $12 shipping in CONUS.

Conus is a large genus of small to large predatory sea snails, marine gastropod molluscs, with the common names of cone snails, cone shells or cones.

I guess you had to be there..........:eyeroll: :roll:

I'll just say "I havent been getting much sleep lately".

Sounds like you're definitely on the verge of conch-ing out!

Cone snails are incredible. Some of them shoot toxic darts at prey (or human feet), others slowly engulf prey and stab them later, and the coolest ones are those that creep up to sleeping fish and drink their blood!

Kauai is a great place to find sea shells, but UPS gets a fortune for stuff shipped to such a remote part of the USA. When I grew up there, you had to wait for the slow boat to get stuff.

I say this with your well being in mind, I'm getting concerned about 'my friend'.....

Scotty,
Turn the computer off and take care of what you need to take care of! We will be here when you get back.

I know we all deal with things differently, but don't allow yourself to run away, eventually you run out of rubber band, and it snatches you back. I can say from experience, that snatch is a heck of a lot worse than just doing it in the beginning.

As I said above, I'm just expressing concern for my friend...
OK, there, I said what I needed to say, I'll leave you be...
All the best, Sir
Waiting for a friend.
I thank you for your concern,it means a lot.
I have been getting ready for my trip to AZ. Im just waiting for a friend to call me tonight before I buy the airline tickets and head out.
If his work will let him take some vacation time,hes going out with me to help out with things.
He (Big Joe) has been my friend and a friend of the family since 3rd grade.
Thats a long time to have a TRUE friend.
Its a blessing to have a friend like him.
Just this fall I attended his Moms service. We can relate.
As far as being on TRF during these times,its really a good thing.
Its relaxing to me to read thru the posts .
I actually put the pigment to a rocket today.
Again,its relaxing and an idol mind is not good.
Thanks again..

I was actually deleting that post apparently the same time you were replying. Got to thinking and was worried you might be offended. Glad you weren't. I have a habit of saying things I shouldn't, at the wrong time.
Sounds like you have things under control, so I'll shut my mouth/fingers. Safe travels.

Waiting for a friend.
I thank you for your concern,it means a lot.
I have been getting ready for my trip to AZ. Im just waiting for a friend to call me tonight before I buy the airline tickets and head out.
If his work will let him take some vacation time,hes going out with me to help out with things.
He (Big Joe) has been my friend and a friend of the family since 3rd grade.
Thats a long time to have a TRUE friend.
Its a blessing to have a friend like him.
Just this fall I attended his Moms service. We can relate.
As far as being on TRF during these times,its really a good thing.
Its relaxing to me to read thru the posts .
I actually put the pigment to a rocket today.
Again,its relaxing and an idol mind is not good.
Thanks again..

Back