Food for Thought

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been reading quite a bit about builders running into problems when glueing in such things as Baffles and they can't get it in all the way before the glue grabs and they are stuck with where it stops.
A simple tip to help this when you can't coat both matting serfaces is that you glue abundantly the inside of the body tube for instance, then take a model paint brush and coat the baffle with water.
Don't saturate the baffle, but get it wet. This allows some extra time to slide it in all the way where you want it and if you give it a little twist to even out the adhesive.
This technique of coarse is for wood glue, not CA or Epoxy. I'm sure a little research will yield a thinner or reducer that will work for CA or Epoxy.
I just feel bad when I read one of these posts that things went wrong when the avoidability is so easy and simple and I don't do my part to help.
I tried looking for a couple posts I remember, but this place is so vast and grows so fast I figured it was just better to post it here.
Good luck all.

Back