Flight Dynamics - Zephyr 5 Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
Bet this is going to be a short gallery.:wink:
This was a kit I picked up off of Ebay five years ago. Decent looking bird that performs surprisingly well. I've never seen another one, nor did I see anything else offered from FDI.

FDIZepher5packaging.jpg

Zepher5QuarklaunchJune302007.jpg

Zepher5lift-offQuarklaunchJune302007.jpg

040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of them either. Good looking rocket.

Is there any chance, assuming its not too much of a PITA, to get a flat scan of the face card and/or directions?

Sure. I've seen them very recently, so this shouldn't be as tough to find as the Mini Max was.:eyeroll::wink:

Did they ever turn up?

:blush::facepalm: Uh. Yeah. They're in the exact same spot as the PDR bag tag that I always remember to send to you at the most wildly inappropriate times. Night shift and the PO don't mix well for me.

:blush::facepalm: Uh. Yeah. They're in the exact same spot as the PDR bag tag that I always remember to send to you at the most wildly inappropriate times. Night shift and the PO don't mix well for me.

Hey! Nobody informed me that I'd been cloned!

Sounds just like me.

Don't sweat it. I had forgotten until this thread made its way to the front page of the gallery.

Pretty sure I have the face card scanned already, but I remember noticing that I'd made a few uncomplimentary notes on the instruction sheet and went looking for an eraser. Like a crow, something shiny probably caught my eye and...........Hey look. M&M's!

From the YORF context, you seem to be indicating that this was a numbered kit, 7th to be produced. When I looked at the face card, I got the impression that the 007 was the model number.

Does anybody else know anything about this company or anything they produced?

Did you make a sim file?

Oh, man. You GREATLY overestimate my abilities, my friend. I tried OpenRocket last year and got nowhere with it. :drool: If I remember correctly, Jay Goemmer did a sim on it when he was in the midst of his RocSim frenzy. I'll shoot him a PM and ask if he still has it around anywhere.

Facecards002_zps5727dc4a.jpg

Kit No. 0007. I got the impression that it was the seventh kit produced. I'll see if the instructions have a model number.

Thank you. I was thing of make one. I really like this rocket.

Uh-oh. Now I'm thinking about an upscale. :p I can trace the fin pattern and send you the specs for the 1:1 if you want.

If you send me the measurements, I will make you a rocksim and open rocket file.

I need the body tube measurements also.

PNC-60MS nose cone
10" length BT-60
3/32" fin stock
2 CR-2050 centering rings
engine hook
2.75" BT-20 engine tube
FD Zepher.jpg

Welcome to the Flight Dynamics Zephyr 5 Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Flight Dynamics Zephyr 5 and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Flight Dynamics: Zephyr 5:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Flight Dynamics Zephyr 5 Basic Information.

flight%20dymanics%20logo.gif
Flight Dynamics Model Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Zephyr 5 Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 13"
Diameter: 1.675"
Span:
Weight: 1.5 oz

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

flight%20dynamics-zephyr%205-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
The Zepher 7.95, so named because it's a 1.59x upscale of the Zepher 5.

And here's the Dad and Little Henry picture. (Kind of how I look next to my 6' 4" son.:wink:)

Imagine my surprise to see another one of these at NARAM 55 this past year. Unfortunately it wound up in the lake/pond/puddle.

Back