Centuri Vulcan Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and one more thing, when i rolled my shroud, the opening was a little bit too small for a bt20. actually small enough where the bt20 stops at about an inch from the edge. nothing that cant be handled by shortening the shroud, but i would like it to be the right size. thanks,
-Jake

That's really unusual.
Check to be sure the print is at the correct size. The length of the shroud I printed is right at 9" long.

I mentioned I built mine using a ST-7 tube, what was used in the Centuri kit. (The ST-7 is a little larger diameter over the BT-20.)
The ST-7 wouldn't go all the way forward to the small end of the body shroud. It was about 1/8" short. I trimmed the shroud by 1/8" and it ended up flush with the end of the shroud.
At least on my print, a BT-20 would have been just about right, without trimming down the shroud end.

Hmm. mines 8" long. weird. im still gonna build it, but im gonna call it my 13mm downscale. so what happened to mine? it just seems weird to me

Back