Centuri Vulcan Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
I just completed my Centuri Vulcan rocket clone. I started it last night at 7:30 p.m., worked on it until 10:00 p.m. and finished it tonight at 7:00 p.m. I need a better nose cone and place the recovery system in it. This was a very quick and easy build.

Vulcan Rocket 002.JPG

Vulcan Rocket 004.JPG

Vulcan Rocket 006.JPG

I just completed my Centuri Vulcan rocket clone. I started it last night at 7:30 p.m., worked on it until 10:00 p.m. and finished it tonight at 7:00 p.m. I need a better nose cone and place the recovery system in it. This was a very quick and easy build.

Sweet

You built that all by youself.........WOW :y:

Spoken like a true..........

All by my lonesome!

Actually there was three of us!

Me, Myself and I!:roll::roll::roll:

Thank's Dan.

I was amazed on how fast she went together.

Last edited:
Good work, look very nice.

It is for use with 24mm Motors ?

I did more this evening, glueing the wings and upeer and lower fins on. I need a BT-20 so I have not glued the rear former on yet. I'm using an Estes BT-20 Ogive N/C instead of the paper one provided.

Icarus 002.JPG

Icarus 003.JPG

Icarus 004.JPG

Icarus 005.JPG

Icarus 006.JPG

Nice build and fine looking model...

I do have one question. Why are your colors so muted? They should be much bolder and brighter.

Heres a couple coloned awhile back printed on an epson c88 plain old inkjet printer. I seem to recall giving them both a coat of Krylon #1306 workable fixatif before starting actual building to keep them clean.

If you need or want the brighter color printout I'm sure I still have the file in my home computer. drop me your e-mail and I'll be happy to forward either to you.
The micro version is already free download over on the MicroMaxRockets group in the files section.

Thanks John,

I think its my printer, it's an HP. Not sure if it's an inkjet plus I did not spray any clearcoat on it yet.

Thanks John,

I think its my printer, it's an HP. Not sure if it's an inkjet plus I did not spray any clearcoat on it yet.

The last year I brough a Xerox Color laser, and is one of my best investments, cause in office depot i should paid around 0.9 USD per page

First i brough a samsung but i return because a bad print quality, and the office depot guy said me, which brand you see in all the print center ? samsung, HP or Xerox ? so i go for took the xerox.

now i can do a lot of cardstock rocket !!

P.D. the laser print is water proof so you will don't have any issue with the glue humidity !

https://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/ka-10.htm
It's basically a cardstock rocket with an internal motor tube. Everyone should build at least one.

Just last week I finished building a Vulcan from those plans.
I don't think the art is the original from the kit, though.
Not a big deal, the art is very good.
I had to wonder, they put the Pantone color reference numbers on the PDF. That wasn't printed on the Centuri cardstock in the original kit.

One thing to bear in mind -
These PDFs seem to be centered around a BT-20, not the ST-7 that Centuri would have had in the kit.
When the body shroud is formed, the front end is smaller than the O.D. of an ST-7 and fits a BT-20 better.
That's another reason I thought the art was re-done from the original - to fit a BT-20.

The attached picture was before an old B6-2 blew and split open the front end! I'll salvage parts and re-build.

Vulcan 065_WEB.jpg

Last edited:
I built, flew and reviewed a Vulcan several years ago. https://www.rocketreviews.com/centuri-engineering-co-vulcan-john-lee.html (Based on the pics, it had to be prior to 2004.) Mine is still functional, but I got tired of the wiggly flight profile and haven't flown it in several years. I remember being terribly nervous during the build until I realized that it was just a piece of paper that I had printed off on my inkjet, and if I screwed up, I could print another one. After that, everything went fine.:wink:

I built, flew and reviewed a Vulcan several years ago. https://www.rocketreviews.com/centuri-engineering-co-vulcan-john-lee.html (Based on the pics, it had to be prior to 2004.) Mine is still functional, but I got tired of the wiggly flight profile and haven't flown it in several years. I remember being terribly nervous during the build until I realized that it was just a piece of paper that I had printed off on my inkjet, and if I screwed up, I could print another one. After that, everything went fine.:wink:

Strange. You caught my attention because I see my name in the link you posted. Curious, I clicked it and was taken to Bill Eichenberger's review.

That's a good thing. I used his review to build mine!:wink:

Last edited:
Strange. You caught my attention because I see my name in the link you posted. Curious, I clicked it and was taken to Bill Eichenberger's review.

That's a good thing. I used his review to build mine!:wink:

I noticed that. I have several reviews that link that way. Just a quirk of the system.:wink::D

and one more thing, when i rolled my shroud, the opening was a little bit too small for a bt20. actually small enough where the bt20 stops at about an inch from the edge. nothing that cant be handled by shortening the shroud, but i would like it to be the right size. thanks,

-Jake

Back