LDRS 30 DVD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Two days ago, I received my Rockets Magazine LDRS 30 DVD. I've not watched the entire video yet -- it's several hours of high def video!

They do a great job on these -- they get better every year, and they have a nice collection of interviews and videos.

As Bob and Neil have traveled the country shooting video, they've gotten to know more and more people. They take advantage of this to bring in an angle you don't see in a lot of videos -- the fun side of rocketry, with the interaction between the fliers.

Great fun, and I keep laughing as I watch more and more. To me, there's so much more to a rocket launch than just the rockets, and they do a great job of capturing it, and get it into the video.

If you like slow lift-off shots, then you'll love the Research days, where their pad cameras get some killer video!

-Kevin

The video is also very educational !!!

I now know that the reason that it is ALWAYS Windy in Argonia :p

To Bob and Neil - - The video is Bad To The Bone!

Excellent Job as always!

Woo-hoo, I just ordered my DVD set! Order yours here...

I think a great choice of my first purchase of 2012. :D

Of what I am able to watch, the DVD set is very cool!

Although, there are parts of one of the DVDs that skip and/or drop frames, repeatedly. I've tried different DVD players, and they both start skipping around the same time.

The disk is spotless, no nicks or scratches. Brand new, not even a fingerprint.

Two questions;

Has anyone else had this problem, and

What do I do about it?

Mine plays flawlessly on both my computer and the home DVD player.
I would contact the guys at Rockets Magazine and let them know about it.
They are stand up guys and should be able to take care of you !

I've not had any problems with my copy, either.

I'm confident an email to Neil and Bob will get it taken care of. Sounds like you got a bad disc.

-Kevin

I just sent an email, I'll let you know what happens....

Maybe they will throw in a Midwest Power 9 DVD for me? :D

Of what I am able to watch, the DVD set is very cool!

Although, there are parts of one of the DVDs that skip and/or drop frames, repeatedly. I've tried different DVD players, and they both start skipping around the same time.

The disk is spotless, no nicks or scratches. Brand new, not even a fingerprint.

Two questions;

Has anyone else had this problem, and

What do I do about it?

I had problems with Video Disk 1 (the Bluray version). Just wouldn't play and then wouldn't even load. Bob replaced it within a few days and the replacement works fine.

Jim

Back