Fliskits - Night Whisper (FR006) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Another interesting fun build followed by a disastrous finish. Nonetheless from 2 or more meters away she'll look the part.

The final pictures. NO it is not upside down. Its a spaceship. Up is anyway one wants. :)

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• 2011-12-29-Night-Whisper-0009.jpg
    2011-12-29-Night-Whisper-0009.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 2011-12-29-Night-Whisper-0010.jpg
    2011-12-29-Night-Whisper-0010.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 2011-12-29-Night-Whisper-0003.jpg
    2011-12-29-Night-Whisper-0003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:
You are a perfectionist and a little too picky. That finish looks fine.

Thanks! :cheers:

The build thread shows (or talks about) the issues in more depth. I do thank you though as from a distance, or if I pick the right camera angle, it looks 'okay'.

I am sure on the pad it will look the part!

Best wishes!
Jeff

Hey... I'm sorry, but that Night Whisper looks GOOD, I don't care WHAT you say! And she sure is pretty in the air too :)

Welcome to the Fliskits Night Whisper (FR006) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Fliskits Night Whisper (FR006) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Fliskits: Night Whisper: FR006

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Fliskits Night Whisper (FR006) Basic Information.

fliskits.gif
Fliskits

MODEL NAME: Night Whisper Also known as:

NUMBER: FR006

Introduced: 2004
Final Year:
Designer: Jim Flis

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 36.9"
Diameter: 0.976"
Span: 10.575"
Weight: 2.4 oz

Mfg. Description: The Night Whisper represents over a year of development to bring you one of the most striking kits in model rocketry today!

Featuring silk-screened water-slide decals, the Night Whisper also sports a unique split tube with ducted ejection, distinctive ovoid fins with an inspiring slant and enough guns and antennae to satiate the most tried and true SciFi fan among us.

This model boosts straight and true on the B and C motors. Being a bit too heavy for A motors, we do not recommend that you use them. This is one of the most majestic models, in the air, that we have ever seen.

A great addition to your growing fleet of FlisKits model rocket kits and a wonderful introduction into what FlisKits kits are all about: Fun, Imagination, Excitement!

The United Solar Planetary Federation continues to expand its borders into the far reaches of the Milky Way galaxy. To satisfy the needs of this rapid growth, ships were needed to serve many functions. From troop deployment in areas of aggression to supplying remote outposts with supplies, equipment and personnel as well as new exploratory satellites
to reach even further.

The Night Whisper is just such a ship. Heavily armed with the latest in weapons technology along with the best in state of the art Hyper-TAC communications, the Night Whisper class Hauler is best suited for long range missions into unexplored regions of space. Primarily a research vessel and colony ship, the Night Whisper pushes the boundaries of explored space setting up remote outposts and eventual colonies, further expanding the human presence throughout the galaxy.

All officers aboard such vessels also carry full diplomatic credentials allowing them to secure treaties with foreign races that are encountered, inviting them to join our Planetary Federation. They are, of course free to decline but they would not then be able to take advantage of the resources of the thousands of already established members of our growing federation.

Constructed of the latest in stealth and cloaking technology and employing the swiftest in star-warp propulsion, the Night Whisper can quickly avoid unfriendly areas if detected but also has the ability to stand and fight when the situation warrants it.

Earning the respect of space fairing races throughout the explored galaxy, the Night Whisper is sure to make a fine addition to your fleet of model rocket kits. So, place your seat back and tray table in their upright and locked position and prepare to let your imagination take you to the farthest reaches of the universe!(Fliskits 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

fliskits-night%20whisper%20fr006-2005%20cat%20livery.jpg
2005 Catalog
fliskits-night%20whisper%20fr006-2005%20poster%20livery.jpg
2005 Poster
fliskits-night%20whisper%20fr006-2010%20spring%20cat%20livery.jpg
2010 Spring Catalog
fliskits-night%20whisper%20fr006-2011%20web%20livery.jpg
2011 Web Ad
fliskits-night%20whisper%20fr006-2012%20cat%20livery.jpg
2012 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
0519162009-00.jpg0519162009-02.jpg

I modified the Night Wing into the "Kimono Dragon". Years ago at work I sat next to a small call center. The ladies in the group were talking during a slow time and one of my friends was talking about visiting the zoo and seeing these big lizards, you know the kimono dragons. I sat there for a few seconds waiting for someone to catch her mistake, but no one said anything. Finally I yelled over the cubicle wall, "I think you mean the Komodo Dragons". Everyone in the group busted up laughing, even the crusty old supervisor. Over lunch I found a photo of Godzilla and a kimono and merged the two, and the Kimono Dragon was born. I gave her the photo and she thought it was a hoot and kept the photo at her desk for years.

I eventually told her the Kimono Dragon would be a great name for a rocket and said one day I would build one. Neither of us work for that company anymore, but I finally built this one for her. I sent her these photos; I think she’ll like the rocket.

Back