New FORMULA 75 from Rocketry Warehouse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
The FORMULA 75 is the latest kit from Rocketry Warehouse Its the big brother of the already popular Formula 54.
The kit is a 3" All fiberglass rocket with a 38mm Motor mount, The kit is also one of "Fly Naked" series rockets which means NO painting is required, All the kits parts come pre colored, The fins, Nose cone and Centering rings are black while the body tube & Motor mount come in the color of your choice, Choose from Cherry, Blue Berry, Lemon, Plum, Lime & Tangerine.

Kit includes:

1. 3 Inch Black Filament Wound 5:1 Von Karman Nosecone (NOTE Coupler needs to be glued in)
  2. 3 Inch G12 Colored Fiberglass Airframe 30 inches
  3. 38mm Motor Mount G12 Colored Fiberglass 10 Inches
  4. 3 G10 Fiberglass 3/32" Thick Fins
  5. G10 Black Fiberglass Centering Rings
  6. G10 Black Fiberglass Bulk Plate
  7. Decals Black

Kit Features:
  • Needs no paint
  • Precision routed fin slots
  • Flies on anything from an G to an J
  • Weight Just over 3 Lb
  • 4 Feet Tall
  • All Fiberglass design

Here's mine in Lime.

003-4.jpg

012-1.jpg

009-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

005-5.jpg

015-2.jpg

Now that's cool! Is the tangerine pretty bright? I have orange handled screwdrivers from Snap On at work. The theory being they'll be harder to lose on a piece of equipment. I'm thinking the same here without the pesky painting!
Adrian

I got me one of the Formula 54 in tangerine and one of the Formula 75 in Cranberry. Gonna build the 75 over the new years break, and ordered some extra stuff to make the 54 DD. Nice color on both of the BTs
Check the pics of what is included in the Black Friday Kit Packages.
Of course both have to be built using ProLine 4500
These will be fun to fly.

Tangerine Formula 54 small.jpg

Cranberry Formula 75 small.jpg

Have to get one of these... the price is a bargain and, being lazy, love the fact that you don't have to paint. Anyone own the kit in all three colors?

Have to get one of these... the price is a bargain and, being lazy, love the fact that you don't have to paint. Anyone own the kit in all three colors?

They come in 6! Different colors :)

Cherry
Blue Berry
Lemon
Plum
Lime
Tangerine

This is like big Estes almost RTF. Not knocking it, I like it, but if Estes did big HPR this would be it.

I do like the looks of those nosecone. Still holding out to see what my Shockwave cone looks like, but I would have no qualms about pushing one of these FWFG cones pretty hard...

They look really nice, and I considered getting one during the Black Friday sale, however.....

What about the epoxy? Gary, yours looks like you added pigment to your epoxy. I would have smudges and fingerprints everywhere, I'm fairly sure.

Do you paint the fillets?

I guess I need to learn more about normal, gets painted, fiberglass construction before I try one of these.

They come in 6! Different colors :)

Cherry
Blue Berry
Lemon
Plum
Lime
Tangerine

Collect all six! You know a while back I was considering making a rocket "ROY G BIV" using all 5 colors in 54mm x 12 inch airframes, then painting the nosecone purple. Good way to teach the EM spectrum to kids.

The Formula 54 and 75 are really great looking rockets. One or both is/are on my list after I finish (or at least start) the Flying Pumpkin :D

They look really nice, and I considered getting one during the Black Friday sale, however.....

What about the epoxy? Gary, yours looks like you added pigment to your epoxy. I would have smudges and fingerprints everywhere, I'm fairly sure.

Do you paint the fillets?

I guess I need to learn more about normal, gets painted, fiberglass construction before I try one of these.

T:
The epoxy I used on the fillets is the Proline 4500, Its black in color and is a dream to work with, With the colored tubes its really the only way to go if you want it too look nice.

Back