Launch towers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it can handle 38mm through 3" then count me in, especially at that price point!

If it can handle 38mm through 3" then count me in, especially at that price point!

That would be the price for the hardware kit not the total price to put one together. You'd still have to buy some parts from Lowes or Home Depot. The prototype got set up and torn down over the weekend. Some changes are needed to make it easier to set up for one person, and durability of the bottom adjustment plate is suspect with aluminum. Probably have to use stainless plate, which drives up the cost. Also not sure how to deflect blast to protect the adjusting parts from exhaust residue. Even if all stainless steel is used, the residue will make adjustments more difficult without periodic maintenance.

Anyway, it is a work in progress. It works as is, but I'd like to make it better before releasing it.

That was my understanding. Happy to buy tubing and things like that at the hardware store. I don't have access to equipment to do much machining or fabricating of metal so a kit that would provide all of the hardware would be fantastic. Personally, I would rather pay more for quality parts that will last longer. If that means stainless steel that would be fine by me. Thanks.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Latest posts

Back