Need firing console design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_Rip

Reaction score
I believe it was info-central that had a nice little design posted for a low/mid-power firing console. Since they changed their website this part has not been reposted. Can anybody point me to a design posted online?

I'm just looking for something that I can build myself (limited experience building electronics) on a budget. I'm also interested in a launch pad design, but I can probably figure that one out on my own.

Scott,

I found Kevin Cook's design by surfing the net. I'm not skilled in electronics by any means either but was able to interpret his design thur the schematics and pictures he has on the website. I eventually ended up with a console set up for 18 positions, although I only have 12 of them operational at this time.

Feel free to email if you have any questions about my set up.

https://www.kevincook.net/Hobbies/Rocketry/LaunchController/index.html

I believe it was info-central that had a nice little design posted for a low/mid-power firing console. Since they changed their website this part has not been reposted. Can anybody point me to a design posted online?

I'm just looking for something that I can build myself (limited experience building electronics) on a budget. I'm also interested in a launch pad design, but I can probably figure that one out on my own.

Since preception is everything these days: I'd like to strongly suggest that you change your term for you control panel.

In model rocketry we "Launch" or Start our models. If you hear the word "Fire" we are reaching for the extingushers;)

Acturally the in internationally accepted word is "Start". 5,4,3,2,1, Start. You'll hear this at every single NAR competition and International launch.

Again it's really a preception thing, We Fire Missiles, but we Launch or Start Sounding and Space exploration Rockets.

One great source for simple Homemade launch control panels is "the Handbook of Model Rocketry" available from Quest, NARTS, or most any on-line bookstore. I've been using similar layouts for the past 40some years with great success.
Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:
Back