• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*UPDATE* STOLEN!!15' Rocket Dyne Systems "Hercules" $250 [SOLD]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You!!
I looked at the Sim file again, that joint is at 48" It is glued. The last place you want to cut it is there!! You don't want to cut thru the coupler because then another standard coupler to rejoin it together will not work. The best place to cut would be at 60 inches from the aft end. That will allow for a new 12 in. coupler to fit up to the old one (aft) and 6 in. into the top part of the booster tube. Then you are talking a 61 in. or so long box for shipping.

The rocket is on its way to a new home. I had to cut the rocket's booster body at 60" to make it shipable. Built a box for it and off it went. Thanks to everyone for their help.

What an ordeal!!! Sold the rocket twice. The last buyer (very cool Dude) allowed me to cut the booster body so I could ship. Boxed it up and we agreed to send it Greyhound. It never made it to its final destination!!! I wrote the buyers name and address and ph# on 3 different locations on the outside of the box and one more on a piece of paper taped to the rocket it self inside the box. I refunded the buyer his $ and I've just started the claim process with Greyhound. It will be 60 days before they will get to my claim. So, lets keep our eyes pealed for this rocket being up for sale by a sticky finger Greyhound employee.

That really stinks, hope you get your rocket back, and bust whoever stole it

Never would have thought to look way back at the very FIRST post for an update. I was looking here. I hope everything works out.

What an ordeal!!! Sold the rocket twice. The last buyer (very cool Dude) allowed me to cut the booster body so I could ship. Boxed it up and we agreed to send it Greyhound. It never made it to its final destination!!! I wrote the buyers name and address and ph# on 3 different locations on the outside of the box and one more on a piece of paper taped to the rocket it self inside the box. I refunded the buyer his $ and I've just started the claim process with Greyhound. It will be 60 days before they will get to my claim. So, lets keep our eyes pealed for this rocket being up for sale by a sticky finger Greyhound employee.

Chad,

I was the purchaser on this rocket. I have to say, the seller was great - gave me a refund right away. He had to wait 60 days for his refund. Never found out what happened. Every once in a while, I call up the local Greyhound and ask if there is a big box with my name on it :>

aLEX

It kind of has to be the same rocket. What are the chances that two rockets like that would get lost during shipping?

-- Roger

This is actually a good reminder for those people launching stuff that they should put their names and other info on it. Especially true for rockets that go out of sight. I need to do that before my next launch. I think name and NAR number at a minimum. I realize that this rocket wasn't lost that way, but if someone's name and NAR number was on it, the people that eventually found could trace it.

They likely took the photo without the text on purpose, to help Id the owner. Looks like that has the described booster cut. Crazy story!

I just saw that article about Unclaimed Baggage the other day. Considered posting about it, but it slipped my mind. That's a nuts story.

This story has always bothered me. Between this one and roclets showing up on evay after a launch.

One went by bus, one by air. One had detailed lettering and a red payload area, the other plain white. Easily a different rocket.

This is actually a good reminder for those people launching stuff that they should put their names and other info on it. Especially true for rockets that go out of sight. I need to do that before my next launch. I think name and NAR number at a minimum. I realize that this rocket wasn't lost that way, but if someone's name and NAR number was on it, the people that eventually found could trace it.

I use one of those $5 stainless steel dog tags from the machine at WalMart. Clip it onto the parachute/nose cone. Has my name, NAR#, and phone#.

One went by bus, one by air. One had detailed lettering and a red payload area, the other plain white. Easily a different rocket.

if you look closely, this has the same checkered payload section.

As as I said earlier, its common practice to obscure lettering or any possible unique detail to help ID the owners. This is the same rocket.

Well, I took a wild stab when I linked this thread from FB. Hopefully at least one Rocketeer & one bird are reunited.

Anyone from NAR and/or TRA have contact info. on file with the major lost baggage clearinghouses?

if you look closely, this has the same checkered payload section.

As as I said earlier, its common practice to obscure lettering or any possible unique detail to help ID the owners. This is the same rocket.

Checkered(?).

1499006502573.jpg

You can see the red at the top of the white tube section, and the white at the top of the upper red section.

You can also see evidence that the booster was cut just north of the upper launch lug.

Back