Scratch design - "Starshine"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a little scratcher built around a 13mm motor mount and features 5 folded cardstock fins.
Thats COOOL!
Im going to guess, each fin was made separate? If you folded one piece of paper to make all 5 fins,well then,... its even way cooler. How much of it is made of cardstock?

Thats COOOL!
Im going to guess, each fin was made separate? If you folded one piece of paper to make all 5 fins,well then,... its even way cooler. How much of it is made of cardstock?

Only the 5 folded fins are cardstock. At the base it uses a BT50 with a paper transition to a BT5 (yep, it's a fat-bottomed rocket)

Very kewl, Lawrence. Looks like it may look like a 'star' from a business end view. Can't wait to see some vids of it.

Scotty,
Here is a different view.
I like that look. Kind of an optical illusion, looks like there is a transition on the bottom. Reminds me of this. Looks like the NC is reduced kinda sorta if ya get my drift.
Anywhoo, I see some pics of yours in the gallery.
Post some more. Nice stuff!!!!!

Optical.JPG

Really nice design. I'll echo the previous post, I like the "outside the box" thought process.:cool:

And the paint job sets it off perfectly.

I figured somebody would bring that up...

Originally I named the design Starburst, but then found out there is a current kit with that name. I considered other names that incorporated "star", and most had been used as names for rockets, except for Starshine. I'm sure Oliver (and more importantly Rado and Ragni) won't mind...

Last edited:
I guess Starbutt just wouldn't fly

I dunno...does this star make my butt look big?

3110image1130827868.jpg

She made her maiden voyage this past Saturday. In spite of the 10 knot wind, she went straight up on an A10.

I decided this one needs to be upscaled to use a 24mm motor. If anybody is interested, I will post a build thread.

She made her maiden voyage this past Saturday. In spite of the 10 knot wind, she went straight up on an A10.

I decided this one needs to be upscaled to use a 24mm motor. If anybody is interested, I will post a build thread.

Sure, I'd like to see a build thread.

Back