liquid propellant engine for model rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i answer all the questions that were asked. Here is what i have in mind so you guys can get a better idea of what i want to do i was think of doing a 2 stage rocket the first stage is Solid-fuel propellant and the 2nd stage is liquid propellant i ask the question how hard it can be to build a liquid propellant rocket engine because i seen alot of people i do it before and i even had a friend who build one but he no longer lives in the USA

Hi King,

You are asking the wrong group of people.

This forum is mostly about SOLID propellant rocket motors.

You can't get the answers you need here.

Some of the posts above HAVE told you to look in other places.

Come on now, lets help him. After all, he seen a lot of people I do it before. Maybe you should ask that friend who dood it before.

Ok King, What kind of rockets have YOU personally made and flown? How big and what size engine?

i have personally made just one rocket it was 15 feet tall and had a diameter of 6.5 inches and it used a 98mm M size motor but i have flown a NORTH STAR RD-200 with an 98mm l size motor and a Mad Cow Rocketry Patriot Kit with 54mm k size motor and a Mad Cow Rocketry 4.0in Black Brant II Rocket Kit with the same motor as the one used in the Mad Cow Rocketry Patriot Kit
chadrog like i say he no longer lives in the USA and i have lost contact with him

Last edited:
Hmmm, this is quoted from one of your posts on the other thread:

"no i am not member of a club of a club but i have help and seen some high power rocket build and i have flow some mid power rocket. "

Now you've flown N's? :confused:

I bet a early 20 something would have no problem purchasing all of these HPR reloads without having a HPR certification, I am quite confidant that no vendor would every question someone they have never seen before asking for a 98mm n reload, and I am even more convinced that every 21 year old could afford the aforementioned motors and hardware.

I will just stick with my comments in the other thread and allow this millionaire MIT student to go about his building.

One addition to your other thread... Go ahead and use an Estes BT-55 tube fore this project. It will hold up just fine at you target of Mach 6. Please take video for us.

2009-05-26_223513_ForumBanStick.jpg

Last edited:
Estes BT-55 tube what are you talking about Disaster_Guy ?????

Not productive, but fun to watch.... Good to be a troll, isn't it king?

Kinda suspicious when he signed up today and only asking about multi-thousand dollar projects that take months or years to complete....

[POW]Eagle159;266123 said:
Not productive, but fun to watch....

I'm bored and there isn't much entertainment out here tonight... This is about as good as it gets.

how am i a troll [POW]Eagle159

Well......You haven't even tried to do research, changing stories, type like cr@p, and you are likely 10 on your mom's computer. Also it's your first day on the forum and you probably don't even have any rockets at all.

All done, my :2:

i have don research. What story did i change and your starting to piss me

chadrog I put the m in the rocket that i personally made

According to the other thread you've only flowed a mid power rocket, this is the cause of my confusion. Which organization do you belong to?

i have don research. What story did i change and your starting to piss me

Your grammar is really getting me mad...................:eyeroll:

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

King, Inconsistancies aside, You haven't garneshed much faith on the part of many members (Obviously). It's a case of knowledge can be a dangerous thing and a little knowledge can be a VERY dangerous thing. The problems you face are many and dangerous. Even if you use Kero for fuel (Not the best choise by the way) you still need an oxidizer. LOX is the juice of choise but that brings in a ton of problems from chemical stability to CRYO. the average machine shop, even with good drawings couldn't produce to the tight tolerences you would need. CNC dosn't mean accuracy to +- .003". Even if you could find a shop with the capability, they won't do it cheap, if at all (libality). finally with the preasures you need (VERY HIGH) and the tempurature spread(Cryo to melting point) your billet metals will be horifically expensive. Can't just use a hunk of aluminum. Can it be done? YES. Easily? NO. Inexpensively? absolutely NOT.
If you still want to persue this, great but be aware that this forum dosn't really deal in that form of propulsion. That being said you probably won't find the answers you want here. The Reaction Research Society (rrs.org) would be the best place to look as they deal largely in liquid propelants. Best of luck.

If you still want to persue this, great but be aware that this forum dosn't really deal in that form of propulsion. That being said you probably won't find the answers you want here. The Reaction Research Society (rrs.org) would be the best place to look as they deal largely in liquid propelants. Best of luck.

I said that already but I do not think King wants to listen...

So you did! Sorry, I missed that one.:blush: I'm on a computer at work and it won't let me direct link.

Last edited:
Back