RED GLARE XII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we've pretty much confirmed that we're ratcheting up the celebration at Red Glare this year!

For those of you unaware, in September FlisKits will be celebrating our 10th anniversary, having opened in September of 2002. One of the major highlights of our anniversary launches (hosted by CMASS) is the serving of our (now) famous anniversary cake!

For our 10th anniversary we have decided to carry this tradition on to all of the events we're attending this year and Red Glare is the FIRST!

As details get hammered out we will be putting together our schedule for the weekend, including the time/day when we will be serving our anniversary cake!

So, keep a few minuted free in your schedule (most likely on Saturday) to pop over to our booth to partake in the celebration and walk away with a piece of cake!

See you folks in April!
jim

Hey Jim....I'll be at red glare & the americinn where we normally stay. We're going directly to the field on friday AM.....so what about sat morning for the deuce's??

rick

Well its Approximately 5 weeks till Reg Glare XII...

This coming weekend we change the clocks!

The Weather is slowly starting to warm up and before you know it a brand New Rocket season will be upon us..... I can already smell Tommy's chicken all fired up on the grill.

Really looking forward to this launch. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I will get the rockets prepped and motors made for the 3 or 4 flights that I would like to make. This will be my first time going to all three days.

Pfft almost 70deg this weekend!!!! I'll be flying and testing some new propellant at the MDRA launch this weekend!!!!!

Tom

Weather.com gives me the same for Price. 30-40 on Sat w/ winds NNE around 10mph. Mid 50s on Sun w/ winds SE around 8mph. Sunny both days so tracking and recovery should be good.

I THOUGHT I heard upper 60s to 70,,,, guess not,, well then I will stay home with my "new" propellant.

NOT!!!!!

Tom

I THOUGHT I heard upper 60s to 70,,,, guess not,, well then I will stay home with my "new" propellant.
NOT!!!!!

Tom

Sorry Tom but you've already promised my wife access to chocolate and BY GOD MAN YOU WILL DELIEVER! Please Tom, I have to go home with her. You just don't know.:shock:

Last edited:
Well, since I can not make the March launch due to work, I'll be doing my level 3 cert flight during Red Glare. Ultimate Wildman on a CTI M3400. But I do have a 98mm 6Xl case that is just begging to be used.

What's the use of having a 16,900 foot waiver if you don't use it?

Don't know about Price, here in Norfolk it was 70 degrees Saturday morning, then it dropped and was in the 50's Saturday afternoon. That and it rained all weekend : ( I was hoping to get 2 rockets painted, didn't happen. :mad:

Well, since I can not make the March launch due to work, I'll be doing my level 3 cert flight during Red Glare. Ultimate Wildman on a CTI M3400. But I do have a 98mm 6Xl case that is just begging to be used.

What's the use of having a 16,900 foot waiver if you don't use it?

Very nice! I've been dying to see an M3400 in action.

I don't have the XL case, but I do have an XL Skidmark load just begging to be flown! Tim talked me into it! ;)

Very nice! I've been dying to see an M3400 in action.

I don't have the XL case, but I do have an XL Skidmark load just begging to be flown! Tim talked me into it! ;)

That's how I ended up with a XL case. I think Tim puts something in the air in his trailer that removes all sense of restraint.:)

I'll probable cert on the M3400 Saturday and if the weather gods are in a good mood, turn it around and fly a 6 grain or a XL on Sunday.

Can any vendors confirm their attendance, or does anyone know which vendors are expected to attend?

Thanks,
Mike

Can any vendors confirm their attendance, or does anyone know which vendors are expected to attend?

Thanks,
Mike

Rob & Gloria with AMW for sure.
Performance Hobbies, Ken has us on his calander and he never misses a RG.
Gary T & Blastcap will obviously be there along with Bill From Dog House.
I won't speak for Tim but Wildman hasn't missed a RG since I've been with the club.
The good Mr. Fliss has joined in on the fun.
Cato Chutes
True Core
Can't remember if Dr. Zooch had a scheduling conflict but he's on the list at MDRA homepage.
Anyone know if Red Arrow can make this one?

When all else fails check the webpage. They useally do a good job keeping it current. If you plan to attend the launch this weekend you can bend Bobs ear.

Last edited:
Great. Thanks guys, looking forward to it.

Btw, Weather is looking perfect this weekend!

Mike

Yep, FlisKits will be there with bells on! Well, maybe not... But we will be getting our cake on! Keep watch for the scheduling of our first 10th anniversary cake, to be served at Red Glare :)

We will also be doing the events range box stickers, so keep watch!

Jim

Gary T & Blastcap will obviously be there along with Bill From Dog House. I won't speak for Tim but Wildman hasn't missed a RG since I've been with the club.

Yeah Tim will be there or at least he better be! If I'm not flying I'll most likely be found in his trailer BSing with both Tim and Jim, Having those 2 guys at RG is half the fun for me, In my book it would not be a Red Glare without them.

I hope to be at both. This weekend will be my first MDRA launch since my shoulder surgery in October- I hope all goes well. It'll just be fun to see the gang again. Some of the best folks I've ever met are in MDRA.

Yep, FlisKits will be there with bells on! Well, maybe not... But we will be getting our cake on! Keep watch for the scheduling of our first 10th anniversary cake, to be served at Red Glare :)

We will also be doing the events range box stickers, so keep watch!

Jim

Soo, we're gonna sneak out the back of the hotel and put up the duces on saturday AM, right??? knock out Deleware :D

Video from my SM-XMR flight on Saturday is up -

[YOUTUBE]YqN1BIFoDQw[/YOUTUBE]

IMG_5586_.jpg

Thanks again to the two guys who helped me out at the away cell, I never did get their names (one of them is in the attached photo).

See you guys at RG.

Mike

Thanks again to the two guys who helped me out at the away cell, I never did get their names (one of them is in the attached photo).

See you guys at RG.

Mike

Me in the Photo (Troy, my turn at Pad Manager) and it was my pleasure. One of the finest crafted rockets I've seen in a while. Attention to detail was incerdible. So was the flight. Congrats and I look forward to seeing you again

The pleasure was mine. I thought that your rocket was one of the finest builds I'd seen in a while when you brought it up to the RSO table. Having gone through the build thread I feel doubly so. Clean, sound, sharp. Very impressive. I especially like the treatment you gave to your ejection mortors. Look forward to seeing you next month. Just a FWI; At this RG launch there will be a dedicated RSO and Pad crew for the away cell seperate from the main one. This is because of the large number of large projects expected, helps keep things moving smoothly for everyone. Be sure to inquire about details when you sign in. We'll be hammering out final details for the launch at this Thursdays meeting.

A reminder to all comming out to RG next month. The last meeting before Red Glare XII will be this Thursday evening (details at the MDRA homepage). All are welcome. if you're in the area and would like to share some input into the launch, come on out. It's all of our club and the BOD wants to hear from as many as will step up. If I don't see you then I'll see you at the launch.:D

Back