Dissolving white glue?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacepirate R

Reaction score
Say you glued a fin on wrong, or a launch lug is not aligned, or something else got glued on incorrectly with white glue (like Elmer's). Can it be loosened or dissolved after it dries?

I have usually just used a new blade and cut it off. If you are careful enough, it shouldn't cause much, if any, damage. Do it just like cutting balsa; lots of light passes, on both sides of the fin or lug.

I think any type of 'dissolving' would cause more damage to the fin and/or tube.

Good luck!

vinegar seems to do in white & yellow glue. it didn't disolve in my quicky test but, it did get real soft. hth
rex

Heat also softens white glue. If the fin is straight but leaning over some, you can hold it over a 100 watt bulb for a few seconds, then move it into the proper position - hold it there until the glue cools. Heating would also make it easier to cut away.

I had glued a fin on crooked earlier this year. The advice I heeded was just to cut it off. I cut it as close to the tube as possible and then ground down what remained with a Dremel tool. I cut a new fin, glued it on straignt and called it fixed.

Latest posts

Back