Launch Pad Nike Hercules?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micrometer

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has pulled the trigger. Ended up costing about $100 with shipping off e-bay. Lots of lumber, lots of paper shrouds w/C.A., and a built up fin ala Estes Saturn 1B. Lots to do, even the manufacturer comments that it will take a while to build this one. Haven't started yet...haven't even looked for decals yet, and not expecting any...hopefully Excelsior will rise to the task...

Pls do a build thread when you start!! I'm waiting a year or two til someone sells theirs for 50 bucks on eBay. :D

Weird...The Launch Pad's web site is still showing the Nike Hercules as "Coming Soon!!!"

Time to update the site it would seem :wink:

At first I was thinking it was the Plan Pac that TLP offers ,or perhaps the Nike Ajax.......but they have a Nike Hercules and in kit form ???????

Anybody have info or pics of this ?

******micrometer **** - please give some info please ,and pictures if you can ,my interest is piqued...to say the least.

Paul T

Yes, me too!

Decals? Maybe you should have looked on my web site. Those decals are right under MY Nike Hercules kits!

Which are "in stock"!

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone else has pulled the trigger. Ended up costing about $100 with shipping off e-bay. Lots of lumber, lots of paper shrouds w/C.A., and a built up fin ala Estes Saturn 1B. Lots to do, even the manufacturer comments that it will take a while to build this one. Haven't started yet...haven't even looked for decals yet, and not expecting any...hopefully Excelsior will rise to the task...

Please post pictures of the kit and a link to where you purchased it, OK?

Well I`ll be damned ! They finally did it.

I`ll have to have that one ,but no big rush ,as I have one of Sandman`s kits that i bought last year that needs to be built :wink:

Paul T

:cool: Build the 'Sandman ' kit first. :D Then you can sell your TLP kit and get your money back. Sandman builds the finest kits on the market. Some kits are just as good, but none are better. Don't get me wrong, TLP kits are priced right. If you are a builder, they are good to go. But with the same effort put into a Sandman kit, you have a work of art....:wink:

:cool: Build the 'Sandman ' kit first. :D Then you can sell your TLP kit and get your money back. Sandman builds the finest kits on the market. Some kits are just as good, but none are better. Don't get me wrong, TLP kits are priced right. If you are a builder, they are good to go. But with the same effort put into a Sandman kit, you have a work of art....:wink:

Indeed ,I built one of Gordon`s LTV Scouts ,what a beautiful kit !!

Not to mention his custom parts ,always museum pieces to say the least.

I promise to build my Hercules from Sandman this winter..you`ll see :wink:

Still would buy a TLP kit though ,just like building them and detailing the snot out of them !!

Cheers

Paul T

This begs for a 4 motor cluster.
What is the bottom booster tube dia on the LP kit?
4x24mm?
4x29mm?
Sandman's also?
Inquiring minds, you know........
Adrian

This begs for a 4 motor cluster.
What is the bottom booster tube dia on the LP kit?
4x24mm?
4x29mm?
Sandman's also?
Inquiring minds, you know........
Adrian

Sandman`s has a four 24mm cluster ,not sure about the TLP but pretty sure it`s also 4 x 24mm.

I was wrong about the TLP kit.It says 29 mm ,but not sure if it`s clustered ,most likely not,but an easy fix if that`s the case.

Paul T

Last edited:
I hope it's not having you roll the tubes from posterboard like the plan paks to get the odd tube sizes

I built one from the plan pac, and scrapped the rolled tubes pretty soon into it. I ordered what I needed from Semroc. I saw pics of the kit components, and it looks like it has tubes for the boosters and main upper stage. The booster tubes appear closer to scale. I don't know for sure, but imagine they are BT-55 if the upper stage is BT-80. The plan pac is way off, and has the boosters speced at 2". I think everyone should build a Nike Hercules at least once in their lives. There is hardly anything that looks cooler.

Back