• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

EAC Viper Original Instruction Sheets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for someone whom has the original instructions for the Estes EAC membership Viper rocket instructions. I don't neccessarely need the original instructions, but a copy from a reliable copy machine that will product and exact replica without sizing in any way, fit to page, line width, etc.
I know there is places to download the instructions and I have done so, but they do not print to exact size, which where my problem lays.
I am most insterested in the fin cut out pattern, Engine mount, fin and launch lug locations, tube and nose cone item numbers.
If you have, or know someone whom does, please let me know. But it has to be from an ORIGINAL INSTRUCTION SHEET. And not a downloaded or reproduction instruction sheet.
Thank you all kindly in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

Hi,
Found the original instructions (from when I built the thing back in the 70's.) It has the fins patterns cut out, but I made sure the exact shape was still there. I still have the original decal sheet too....

Mike

Estes Viper, in any scale, is a rocket to die for.
I love the looks, I love the way it flys.
I love the colors.
What is there not to like about it.
Carbon fiber in the planning at 6'+ L1 cert....someday
If I don't go blind first or die.

Have you seen the .ork file I made of it?

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?123564-K-Tesh-s-Open-Rocket-files&p=1441122#post1441122

16964853126_855a2356ea_c.jpg

With the exception of editing out the CG and CP markings, WYSIWYG in my .ork. I did move the forward LL back a little for aesthetic reasons.

Last edited:
It's just four fins evenly spaced around the body tube, right? As far as I am concerned, unless a rocket has an unusual pin placement (something like the Interceptor or a five fin model) or is a very unusual body type, I don't bother with the fin guide from the instructions. I just use the Estes Fin Placement Guides. If I need something unusual, I often draw my own with Adobe Illustrator. Once you have the circumference measurement, evenly placing an odd number of fins around the tube is a snap with Illustrator's alignment tools. For special placement (space planes, etc), I'll import the instruction page into Illustrator, resize it to the exact size and redraw it. Might be a bit more trouble, but I hate cutting up instructions - even for newer, currently available models. And by redrawing the guide, I know it will be correct when I print it out.

Back