FlisKits - Freedom Forge Missile (SP009) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidQ

Reaction score
My MMax Freedom Forge cardmodel, downscaled from the Flis Freedom Forge.

The middle one is my goony version, styled as a Freedom Fish.

Not yet launched, as the weather still sucks. The nose for the MMax rocket is one that I cast.

Post copied with permission

Attachments

• IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicely done! Love this design (from our Design of the month contest) and the micro version is wonderful!

This is my version, renamed Fred'n'George.

The upper, light blue section is a bit loose. Not gluing it to the lower, gunmetal part will do that. So will putting an A10-3T in it. :D The upper section is Fred, the lower section (powered by a C6-0) is George.

fredngeorge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have finally had a bout without rain, so I flew the Freedom Forge I modified into a two stage, as mentioned above. Man, it flew great! I had never done an air gap separation, so was worried a bit that the upper stage would fail. But it worked!

However, the booster section landed hard and all three fins came off. I'll repair it with epoxy fillets this time.

The goony version, my Freedom Fish, went wonky off the rod and flew a long way away into trees and vanished. My choice of "Screw it, I'll use a C engine" may have added to the likelihood of that result.

Great flyer!

FreedomForgeMissile.jpg

Welcome to the FlisKits Freedom Forge Missile (SP009) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the FlisKits Freedom Forge Missile (SP009) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

FlisKits: Freedom Forge Missile: SP009

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
FlisKits Freedom Forge Missile (SP009) Basic Information.

fliskits.gif
FlisKits

MODEL NAME: Freedom Forge Missile Also known as:

NUMBER: SP009

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Daren Humphries

Type: Sport, Pseudo-Ordnance
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 21.82"
Diameter: 1.637"
Span: 7.97"
Weight: 2.35 oz

Mfg. Description: The Freedom Forge Missile is the FIRST EVER Design of the Year winner from FlisKits and is the first model rocket kit ever produced as a prize in winning a contest!
Unique fin styling!
Large scale-like design!
Huge parachute compartment! (FlisKits 2005 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

fliskits-freedom%20forge%20missile%20sp009-2005%20cat.jpg
2005 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back