Centuri - Nomad (KB-5 or #5035) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcmbanjo

Reaction score
I've just started a build of the Centuri Nomad on my blog at:

www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com

The Nomad is now at the top of the kit queue list at Semroc, so I thought the timing might be right.
This model was a bag o' parts clone bought from Ebay. (Not the Semroc kit)
There was a few incorrect and mismatched parts. I'll cover the corrections in the build.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Nomad L 010_WEB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Centuri - Nomad (KB-5 or #5035) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Nomad (KB-5 or #5035) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Nomad: KB-5 or #5035

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Nomad (KB-5 or #5035) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Nomad Also known as:

NUMBER: KB-5 or #5035

Introduced: 1973
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Scale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 18"
Diameter: 1.0"
Span:
Weight: 1.75 oz

Mfg. Description: Its not a scale model...but sure looks like a real U.S. Navy Missile! Includes parachute, molded cone, pre-cut fibre-fins & vanes, engine lock, chrome bands and a fabulous 2 color decal sheet and "spec plate". (Centuri 1973 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-nomad%20kb5-1973%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1973 Catalog
centuri-nomad%20kb5-1975%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1975 Catalog
centuri-nomad%20kb5-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog

centuri-nomad%20kb5-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1980 Catalog
centuri-nomad%20kb5-1981%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1981 Catalog

Face Card

centuri-nomad%20kb5-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I built this one a couple of years ago, and lost it on its first flight... it flew beautifully and recovered perfect, but was stepped on by an overzealous member of my junior ground crew. :( I've built another but the finish isn't completed yet.

attachment.php

nomad.jpg

Old Rockets.jpg Here's my 1973 Centuri Nomad model with a couple of 'friends'.
It flew great but I never used a motor larger than a 'B'.

View attachment 409197 Here's my 1973 Centuri Nomad model with a couple of 'friends'.
It flew great but I never used a motor larger than a 'B'.
I had the 1973 model back then. It was the best built rocket I had done up to that time. A B motor and a gust of wind put it on the roof of my high school in an Orange County California town shortly after its construction.🥺 I still miss that rocket.

I had the 1973 model back then. It was the best built rocket I had done up to that time. A B motor and a gust of wind put it on the roof of my high school in an Orange County California town shortly after its construction.
I assume that was back when you were quite young and were likely not aware that the maintenance guys could have gone up on the roof and retrieved it for you? I guess that's why a lot of people are starting to put labels on the rocket with their name and phone number on it.

I assume that was back when you were quite young and were likely not aware that the maintenance guys could have gone up on the roof and retrieved it for you? I guess that's why a lot of people are starting to put labels on the rocket with their name and phone number on it.
Yeah, I was quite young and didn't think to ask for that.

Back