SCALE - (MGM-31) Pershing Missile Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
Polecat 5.5" Pershing II

A very good starting point of this scale kit (or very close....I know the differences ,but nothing major)

Added nosecone fin fairings ,and hatches ,conduit covers ,coupler bands as well as rivets ,screw heads and bolt heads.

Used Stickershock vinyl and Monokote bits & pieces.

Last pic is Polecat P II and scratch P IA .

Paul T

phpptrtyWAM.jpg

phpXVOb6KAM.jpg

phpPiYHVoAM.jpg

phpehpbpRAM.jpg

phpUXVyuaAM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look awesome! I like the lever actions in the background, too.

They look awesome! I like the lever actions in the background, too.

Thankyou sir.

Lever actions are fun ,just ask John Wayne :)

Rockets are fun too !

I found a better pic of the hatches and some bonus dust particles:eek:

I had the screws/bolts and rivets custom made for me by Mark (stickershock) last year ,thousands of them.

Paul T

php8BmibKAM.jpg

Isn't the Pershing II designated as MGM 31 as well?

Thankyou sir.

Lever actions are fun ,just ask John Wayne :)

Paul T

I love lever actions, always have. I have a Winchester Model 92 (I think) .38-40 rifle that my grandfather gave me. It has the round barrel. I had someone look up the serial number one time, and it was made in the 1930's. I love that rifle.

Isn't the Pershing II designated as MGM 31 as well?

I believe it`s was designated MGM-31C

Does this need to be moved somewhere else ?

If so ,please work your magic ;)

Take care.

PS-qquake2k - I have several ,my favorite one to shoot is my .45LC/.454 Casull.Can never have too many levers !

Paul T

I believe it`s was designated MGM-31C

Does this need to be moved somewhere else ?

If so ,please work your magic ;)

Take care.

PS-qquake2k - I have several ,my favorite one to shoot is my .45LC/.454 Casull.Can never have too many levers !

Paul T

Oops. I neglected to say: beautiful work, as always.

I'll probably eventually lump all the MGM-31 variants together eventually but its going to take me a while to work my way that far down the list.

Oops. I neglected to say: beautiful work, as always.

I'll probably eventually lump all the MGM-31 variants together eventually but its going to take me a while to work my way that far down the list.

Thanks John !

Yes ,I think lumping them together would make more sense ,good call.

Take care

Paul T

Welcome to the SCALE (MGM-31) Pershing Missile Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the SCALE (MGM-31) Pershing Missile and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Polecat: Pershing II (5.5"): #15

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Pershing was a family of solid-fueled two-stage medium-range ballistic missiles designed and built by Martin Marietta to replace the PGM-11 Redstone missile as the United States Army's primary nuclear-capable theater-level weapon. The Pershing systems lasted over 30 years from the first test version in 1960 through final elimination in 1991. It was named after General John J. Pershing. The systems were managed by the U.S. Army Missile Command (MICOM) and deployed by the Field Artillery Branch.

Last edited:
Polecat (5.5") Pershing II (#15) Basic Information.

polecat_aerospace.gif
Polecat Aerospace

MODEL NAME: 5.5" Pershing II Also known as:

NUMBER: #15

Introduced: 2008
Final Year: 2010
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 5.5"
Span:
Weight: 4.5 lbs

Mfg. Description: This is the only production high power replica of the Pershing II missile. Designed for scale and performance, this kit builds fast and looks great. With a custom nose cone designed just for this kit, this rocket will turn heads on the flight line.

A big 5.5" diameter airframe, pre-glassed, with a fiber glass nose cone that has a dry weight on only 4.5 pounds. Light enough for an H motor and strong enough for the punchiest J's. You will need a 36" to 50" parachute for this kit, depending on your finished weight and landing area. (What's Up Hobbies 2008 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

polecat-pershing%20ii%20(5.5)%2015-2008%20web.jpg
2008 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

polecat-pershing%20ii%20(5.5)%2015-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here are my scratch built 7.5" Pershing 1A flying on a J-510 and a Polecat Pershing 2 flying on a J-340MS

Rocketober-a77-2.jpg

NXRS_2014-125.jpg

2014_Sheridan_a77-3.jpg

Back