I have a lot of things going on right now, so progress here has been kinda slow.
-Basement cleaning / reorganization: Little bit at a time!
-Lots of family stuff going on; work too!
-Learning to use water based acrylic paints and an airbrush (see thread)
-And these screamers.
I was going to use my airbrush and some Createx Auto-Air Sealer today, to seal my first upscaled Screamer (it's just BT-20).
But oops, in taking the above pictures I realized I forgot to put on the launch lug. DOH!
I spun the wheel about how to handle it:
-Continue painting project, deal with lug later
-Use CA and start painting in an hour or so
-Use 5 minute Gel epoxy and paint in a couple hours
-Use my ususal carpenters glue then TMTG and paint tomorrow.
Despite being impatient, I went with the slowest option. I'm just learning on using the acrylic paints and don't want to change other parts of my build process on these early attempts. Also, it will give me time to prep the nose cone (a balsa BNC-20G4 from SEMROC, just arrived yesterday). I'll CA it then paint on some thinned auto spot putty (like I did on the fins).
I'll probably also start the BT-50 upscale this weekend. Get this: in my recent SEMROC order, mostly nosecones, I FORGOT to include a BNC-50G4 cone. But I do have a plastic cone that's got about a 4:1 ratio Ogive, but its tip is a little blunter than the true AX style. It will HAVE to do!