Dr Zooch - Gb-LV Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke strawwalker

Reaction score
Continued...

Next we put the parachute in the rocket.
View attachment 58439
Then we put the shroud lines in on top-- don't wind them around the parachute like normal. Just roll them up and put them on top of the parachute. Stuff the leader line from the parachute shroud lines in on top as well. Then put the gumball capsule on top of the rocket.
View attachment 58440
Now the rocket is finished!!:D
View attachment 58441
After gymnastics this evening Daddy and I took some pictures of the finished rocket. I was hot today!!!
View attachment 58442
Here's another picture of the rocket.
View attachment 58443

Later! :roll:

KNR/OL JR :)

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• kz31.jpg
    kz31.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 213
  • kz32.jpg
    kz32.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 205
  • kz33.jpg
    kz33.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 210
  • kz34.jpg
    kz34.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 206
  • kz35.jpg
    kz35.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by a moderator:
Cont'd...

Here's the bottom of the rocket...
View attachment 58444
And here's the top!
View attachment 58445
There are too many wildfires right now, but I really want to fly my rocket. I hope it will rain soon!

THANK YOU DR. ZOOCH FOR THIS ROCKET! I HAD SO MUCH FUN BUILDING IT!

It's a neat kit... you would love it if you had it!

See you at the flight!
Later!
KNR/OL JR :)

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• kz36.jpg
    kz36.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 202
  • kz37.jpg
    kz37.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Dr Zooch - Gb-LV Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Dr Zooch - Gb-LV and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Dr Zooch: Gb-LV:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Dr Zooch Gb-LV Basic Information.

dr_zooch.gif
Dr Zooch Rockets

MODEL NAME: Gb-LV, Gumball Lofting Vehicle

NUMBER:

Introduced: 2011
Final Year:
Designer: Wes Oleszewski

Type: Sport, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12"
Diameter:
Span: 5.5"
Weight: 1.1 oz

Mfg. Description: For Dr. Zooch Rockets this is our first “Educational” kit. Additionally, this is our first kit priced to help folks fly rockets in these difficult financial times- in other words, it is priced to fight inflation.

The kit is called the “Gb-LV” which stands for Gumball-Lofting Vehicle. The highlight of the Gb-LV is its nosecone, which is a common capsule that you will find in most gumball machines! The advantage is that you can put a bug, a gummy bear, or some other critter into the capsule and send it into the sky. The capsule then returns on its own parachute while the booster returns by a streamer. This has several fun aspects- first off you can see into the capsule and the passenger can see out. Also, if you lose the capsule, you can replace it by simply going to your nearest gumball machine and dropping a coin in! Or, if you are really daring or you just make a mistake, the capsule can land in water and you can have a “splashdown!”

Use your Gb-LV for school science projects! You can take insects, shoot them aloft and then study how they react to the flight! A handy altitude prediction chart, which is included in the kit, tells you the estimated altitude that the Gb-LV will fly on all 3 classes of rocket engines so you can use it as a part of your project.

Get your Gb-LV today. Fly, learn, have fun. You can touch the sky, if you try. (Dr Zooch 2011 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

dr%20zooch-gblv-2011%20web%20livery.jpg
Dr Zooch 2011 Web Ad

Face Card

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Gb-LV.jpgHere is my rendition of the Gb-LV. Got it as a gift. Took about 5 hours to build. Fun rocket to build. Made some changes:

- replaced the adapter for a longer one, 1.6" long custom printed wrap.
- added a reducer to the MM to simulate an engine bell
- added four "outter" motor bells
- custom wraps.

Painted with the new Krylon Gloss White formula, coated with new Krylon Gloss Clear formula. All that is left is for my daughter to return from Puerto Rico so that we can "recruit" an astronaut to pilot this rocket.

To secure the "penny" ballast, I placed it inside the N-CPLH and covered it with epoxy. Once cured, I poped the penny out, drilled a small hole on the bottom of the N-CPLH, placed the penny-epoxy pock upside down on top of a spent engine case, placed a small amount of epoxy on the penny, then placed the N-CPLH back on the penny and press it a little. Once some of the epoxy oozed out of the hole, I added another drop of epoxy on the bottom and let it cure... creating something like an epoxy "rivet".

Enjoy!

- r_r

View attachment 112965Here is my rendition of the Gb-LV. Got it as a gift. Took about 5 hours to build. Fun rocket to build. Made some changes:

- replaced the adapter for a longer one, 1.6" long custom printed wrap.
- added a reducer to the MM to simulate an engine bell
- added four "outter" motor bells
- custom wraps.

Painted with the new Krylon Gloss White formula, coated with new Krylon Gloss Clear formula. All that is left is for my daughter to return from Puerto Rico so that we can "recruit" an astronaut to pilot this rocket.

To secure the "penny" ballast, I placed it inside the N-CPLH and covered it with epoxy. Once cured, I poped the penny out, drilled a small hole on the bottom of the N-CPLH, placed the penny-epoxy pock upside down on top of a spent engine case, placed a small amount of epoxy on the penny, then placed the N-CPLH back on the penny and press it a little. Once some of the epoxy oozed out of the hole, I added another drop of epoxy on the bottom and let it cure... creating something like an epoxy "rivet".

Enjoy!

- r_r

I love it! Looks something like a two stage Little Joe II derivative or something...

Perfect! Great job! OL JR :)

that looks awesome!! I agree with Luke...reminds me of the Little Joe!
I know this rocket is probably intended for kids...but I have been thinking about buying that kit..I don't see any reason why only kids get to launch gummy worms in the nose cone of their rockets! I'd like to paint that thing like a Pershing....

that looks awesome!! I agree with Luke...reminds me of the Little Joe!
I know this rocket is probably intended for kids...but I have been thinking about buying that kit..I don't see any reason why only kids get to launch gummy worms in the nose cone of their rockets! I'd like to paint that thing like a Pershing....

There ya go... a whole new direction... customized GbLV's... :)

The larger nosecone worked out well too... the big capsules have a lot more room for "cargo" than the small ones...

Later! OL JR :)

Back