LDRS accommodations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if the code for the hotel was posted anywhere? The web site says it would be posted on 10/31, but isn't there yet.

I'm just trying to find out if taking the group discount locks you into a no-cancellation policy.

Thanks!

Fred - we sent it privately to everyone we wanted to attend. Looks like you did not make the cut.

Seriously - some tweaks are being done. be patient.

Well get to tweaking then? We only have 8 months to go... It's not like
goin down to the pond chasin' blue gills or tommy cods. ... This is LDRS!

Jesus H. Christ. When I was a boy every little squirt wanted to be a harpooner or a sword fisherman.

Fred, any reply to you has a built in implied smiley...

Gary is now with Dave B. Between the outhouse and grease pit. As far as possible from Performance as I can do w/o asking permission form the next county.

Gary is now with Dave B. Between the outhouse and grease pit. As far as possible from Performance as I can do w/o asking permission form the next county.

As if you even had any say as to where I park!:lol:

But I do.....

I can control

1. If you get registered and how much it costs.
2. Where your parking is
3. What goes up on the featured projects page in your name.

And so on.

And there is not a darn thing you can do about any of it aside from post online.

Memo to self -> move Gary to "in the grease pit"

Last edited:

Welp...at least I'll have a neighbor. :cyclops:

But I do.....

I can control

1. If you get registered and how much it costs.
2. Where your parking is
3. What goes up on the featured projects page in your name.

And so on.

And there is not a darn thing you can do about any of it aside from post online.

Memo to self -> move Gary to "in the grease pit"

Like I said you wield no power over me.. You'll be lucky if they even let you push the button on the Estes pad's :lol:

Like I said you wield no power over me.. You'll be lucky if they even let you push the button on the Estes pad's :lol:

Oh that's right..I have to be aware of all your influence on the event....oh wait, you don't -> other than to post online.

Keep it up laughing boy, we will see who has who in the end!
chop.gif

Last edited:
Hey, Al... if I stop by White Sands rocket park with a measuring tape on my way, where's my LDRS parking spot???? :cool:

Thanks Al for getting the code posted. Made my reservation today. The prices are great!

How's the hotel? We stayed at in a hotel in Farmington last time and would like to find something better this time around.

The Host hotel info is now on the official site
https://ldrs31.org
contact info, instructions, pricing, the code which is "URG" and other usual contract stuff.

an official forum is now online of course not any categories are setup yet.

Camping on SITE is an absolute NO... sorry
you will be kicked out before the local swamp creatures start taking children and small animals. you laugh were not kidding.... really.

Last edited:
Should have mentioned vendor signup is online as well. :neener:

Hey, Al... if I stop by White Sands rocket park with a measuring tape on my way, where's my LDRS parking spot???? :cool:

Front row, with the planning committee, and an express cattle run to the pad of your choice.

How's the hotel? We stayed at in a hotel in Farmington last time and would like to find something better this time around.

It's gotta be better than the Motel Six in Geneva. The reviewer who wrote "It's a dumpster with windows" was paying it a compliment. We are also looking into options for those of you who travel with furry family members. I had heard that the host hotel - which is, I think, the same as for 28, is nice.

One thing about camping Bill did not mention - While we have identified a few campgrounds, keep in mind that these are all seasonal and you may not be able to make reservations until spring. They are quite possibly closed for the year.

Last edited:
"you will be kicked out before the local swap creatures start taking children and small animals. you laugh were not kidding.... really. "

What do they swap for children? Rocket parts? Motors? Or is this one of those spelling things again?

"you will be kicked out before the local swap creatures start taking children and small animals. you laugh were not kidding.... really. "

What do they swap for children? Rocket parts? Motors? Or is this one of those spelling things again?

They take away your sanity while you wait for the police to let you recover your rocket. Bring along your Crazy Hermit repellant.

Bring along your Crazy Hermit repellant.

Why? We are hoping you will come!

Not bad three days before the first hermit post!

Hey if there is any way you can make up one of your red sparkys in a 54-1750 and smuggle it up here, I'll stop saying nice things about you.

Why? We are hoping you will come!

Not bad three days before the first hermit post!

Hey if there is any way you can make up one of your red sparkys in a 54-1750 and smuggle it up here, I'll stop saying nice things about you.

Plans for the summer are still unknown. This past year, I drove from New Mexico and spent the summer teaching a course at Syracuse. Might do that next year, but not sure I want to drive 2400 miles each way!

My Sparky Red propellant is best in 3" motors and up. Or at night. ;)

Back