Must have rockets in a person's collection

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To augment one's fleet, I think a "must have" is any good clustered engine rocket, like the Defender. Recently launched two 7 engine clustered rockets, a Cluster Duck clone and the Hydra 7. Great crowd pleasers, I haven't had that much fun in years.

Centuri Space Shuttle, Aerodart , Quasar and LIA-100 launch pad w/ Pro launch controller. For Estes it would be Mars Snooper, Space Plane and Interceptor

I truly think the only rocket kit that is a must-have is Big Bertha. Outside of that, I feel it is good to have some variety of types of rockets, not necessarily a specific rocket...so I think some must haves are a cluster rocket, a two stager, a few small ones, a few big ones, a rocket with alternative recovery methods (i.e. helicopter, glider, tumble), and a few scale models.

I truly think the only rocket kit that is a must-have is Big Bertha. Outside of that, I feel it is good to have some variety of types of rockets, not necessarily a specific rocket...so I think some must haves are a cluster rocket, a two stager, a few small ones, a few big ones, a rocket with alternative recovery methods (i.e. helicopter, glider, tumble), and a few scale models.
Oh-Oh, I've been flying as a BAR for over 10 years, and still haven't built a Big Bertha :eek:

Everyone has their own favorite must-have's. For me, the LPR list includes an Estes Cherokee-D, Interceptor, Orbital Transport, Der Red Max, Gyroc; a Saturn V (any mfr, Estes/Centuri/Apogee/Sirius/Zooch); and the Semroc Hydra VII, which is probably my most flown LPR.

Back