WILDMAN BLACK SATURDAY SALE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about CTI being out of hardware for the other dealers?

Sorry, I must have read the post wrong. I thought the OP was talking about motors, not cases. Which cases were involved with the Black Saturday sale? I thought the starter sets were the only ones.

Couldn't agree more. It's risky to sell what you DON'T have in stock. What happens when suppliers screw up and can't get what you need? Let's say your one and only supplier of super special nose cones goes belly-up? Oops?
I would refund your money period.
That brings up another one If anybody wants there money back from the sale that is waiting for product I would be happy to refund them.

However, seeing some other vendors get in on the 'fire sale' idea creates competition that can only be good for the consumers...perhaps when done in moderation. Having 'in stock only' sales

If I did this no matter how I planned for it, half of you would not have gotten in on the deals.
I thought long and hard about doing the sale the way we did .
How would you feel if you tried calling me all morning long to find out that the $99 kits were sold out when you finally got through. I know I won't go out to the store sales for just that reason and didn't want to do that to my customers.
We sold over 500 kits in 6 hours.

It is entirely likely that Tim was caught completely by surprise by just HOW BIG this sale was! Certainly last years sale was a hit, but I'd like to know percentage wise just how much bigger the inventory required for this one was!
Yes we were.
This year more than doubled last year and last year was a complete surprise.
I will say this the FIRST CTI shipment was the largest HPR shipment they have ever sent out,and that was only most of the 54mm and up.
The Fiberglass was over 6 pallets coming to me, Wildmans paid UPS over 10K in shipping going out.
Once again If anyone wants there money back for product they have not received we will be Happy to refund you.

Tim
Wildman Hobbies

Last edited:
Tim you Jackie plus the rest of you crew are doing a great job. A lot of flyers out there don't know us vendors are not some very large company. I guess if Tim ever runs the sale again anyone who is not happy need not buy. One can only do there best thats all anyone should ask.
Thanks Much Tim
Gary
Top Flight Recovery LLC

Last edited:
I would refund your money period.
That brings up another one If anybody wants there money back from the sale that is waiting for product I would be happy to refund them.

If I did this no matter how I planned for it, half of you would not have gotten in on the deals.
I thought long and hard about doing the sale the way we did .
How would you feel if you tried calling me all morning long to find out that the $99 kits were sold out when you finally got through. I know I won't go out to the store sales for just that reason and didn't want to do that to my customers.
We sold over 500 kits in 6 hours.

<snip>

Tim
Wildman Hobbies

And for what it is worth, I am not sure I would have participated with limited quantities. Given a long build queue, not much spare time, and a desire to get cool stuff cheap, I'd rather place and order and have it show up sometime than waste time trying to buy something not available. And the "let me know if you want it by Christmas" item was a tip-off to me that I would be waiting a while for my kits. I liked the way Tim ran it, and am looking forward to helping to overwhelm him again next year.

I also don't do Black Friday sales for the same reason -- why wait for hours and fight crowds for nought.

Sam

I do seem to have time to post to forums however!

I agree with Sam. I would rather wait and get what I want, than have to rush to buy something that's in stock.

Tim and Jackie have my sympathies. They run a great sale and tell everyone upfront what the deal is and because of the response it takes a lot more work/time/purchasing and people complain. (But I think some folks would complain if you have em a million bucks).

And just to let you know my order hasn't arrived yet but I said it before and I'll say it again I don't mind mine is the last box out the door.

Thanks Jackie (she took my order) and Tim.

:headbang: AWESOME-nes HAS occurred!!! Got my package today :w:

Thanks Tim!!

Now I just wonder if I can use the 30% off Stickershock coupon that it came with.

Just kidding Mark ;)

...Fudd

IMG-20120308-00091.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Kevlar bridal is supposed to be included with the extreme Darkstar? I did not get one in the box so I was wondering. I know that the shock cord was not going to be included in the kit with the sale.

Thanks.

...Fudd

It does normally. Best to check with Tim, I know there were some exceptions for the BF sale stuff.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Kevlar bridal is supposed to be included with the extreme Darkstar? I did not get one in the box so I was wondering. I know that the shock cord was not going to be included in the kit with the sale.

Thanks.

...Fudd

Mine did not have it either, I just assumed it was not to be included.

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but any updates as to where we're at on receiving our shipments?

Had a horrible thought this morning that maybe mine WAS shipped, arrived when I wasn't home, and was nabbed off my front porch.:sad:

Have to stop thinking those thoughts........

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but any updates as to where we're at on receiving our shipments?

Had a horrible thought this morning that maybe mine WAS shipped, arrived when I wasn't home, and was nabbed off my front porch.:sad:

Have to stop thinking those thoughts........

I talked to Tim yesterday, he said he was still waiting on a few sizes of nosecones from the supplier. If you just call and talk to him, you will have your answer on if your order has shipped yet.

I got most of my order yesterday. We're only working 32 hrs a week right now, so I happened to be home when the brown van drove up. He starts wrasslin this big rectangular box. Low and behold, I see a 1.4C sticker!!!!
Got my Vindicator, glue, assorted parts and stuff to play with for a while.

Adrian

GUESS WHAT SHOWED UP ON MY DOORSTEP TODAY!!:D

Starting a new thread soon to get some build opinions....shock cord...buttons/lugs...etc.

I called wildman today - sounds like the nose cones some of us were waiting on came in. I suspect that we will be seeing a lot of "hey I got mine!" postings in the next week or so!

My daughter called when she got home yesterday and said there was a box as big as her on the front porch!!! Dark Star Dual Deploy. This is going to be my Level 2 attempt rocket.

Game ON :w:

Great choice on the rocket!

I just flew my vindicator three times this past weekend. You will love it!

Back