FANTASY SCALE - (Star Wars) Tie Fighter Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daniel, I've built the regular TIE Fighter, and haven't even opened the DV TIE Fighter, because I was unsure about how to get good crisp edges around the black for the Ion Engines. My basic TIE is still all gray because I'm fretting on how to do the masking.

Any comments on how you did yours?

:y: I'm shocked with this tie fighter and death star !! i'm a star wars fan, but i don't know if i like it or not. but you did a good job !!!!

GDJ said:
The only improvement to the kit would be clear lexan tube and nosecone.
Brilliant idea. I'll switch mine over to use one of those narrow flourescent tube wrappers.

Well, only if it isn't that difficult to find the parts. It would be strictly a appearance thing (it would look like just the TIE interceptor is flying).

I'm wondering if they made a X-wing?

Welcome to the FANTASY SCALE (Star Wars) Tie Fighter Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (Star Wars) Tie Fighter and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Darth Vader's Tie Fighter: #2144

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Darth Vader's Tie Fighter (#2144) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Darth Vader's Tie Fighter Also known as:

NUMBER: #2144

Introduced: 1997
Final Year: 1998
Designer:

Type: Exotic, Fantasy Scale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 26.5"
Diameter: 5"
Span:
Weight: 2.3 oz

Mfg. Description: Fight the Rebels with Vader's personal attach craft. Molded in highly detailed plastic. Special atmospheric flight probe attaches quickly for flight. Soars to over 500 feet. (Estes 1998 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-darth%20vader%20tie%20fighter%202144-1998%20cat%201.jpg
1998 Catalog (Image 1)
estes-darth%20vader%20tie%20fighter%202144-1998%20cat%202.jpg
1998 Catalog (Image 2)

Face Card(s)

estes-darth%20vader%20tie%20fighter%202144-face%201.jpg
estes-darth%20vader%20tie%20fighter%202144-face%202.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-darth%20vader%20tie%20fighter%202144-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
heres my G powered NCR X-wing gpowered xwing hemit1.jpg
Well, only if it isn't that difficult to find the parts. It would be strictly a appearance thing (it would look like just the TIE interceptor is flying).

I'm wondering if they made a X-wing?

This is the 2144 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter and the 2102 TIE Fighter (1997 re-release)
2014-08-04 17.08.43.jpg2014-08-04 17.12.43.jpg

Daniel, I've built the regular TIE Fighter, and haven't even opened the DV TIE Fighter, because I was unsure about how to get good crisp edges around the black for the Ion Engines. My basic TIE is still all gray because I'm fretting on how to do the masking.

Any comments on how you did yours?

Hopefully you've conquered your trepidation of masking, but the trick on both is to paint the wings, first Black, mask, then Gray. Paint the body Gray (if you're not happy with the match, spray some Black, then Gray - but it shouldn't be an issue) and then attach the wings to the body.

Looked great lifting off, but it started skywriting not long after these were taken. I've yet to get a good flight out of this bird, but my bag of tricks isn't empty yet.:grin:

One of the fellows in MDRA scratch-built an X-Wing Fighter. Looked great, but suffered severe casualties on launch. Wish I had a picture.

Looked great lifting off, but it started skywriting not long after these were taken. I've yet to get a good flight out of this bird, but my bag of tricks isn't empty yet.:grin:

The 'lugs' leave a lot to be desired. I replaced mine with microrail buttons and it usually flies straight and true.

Back