Corkscrew

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright Braden! I'll be watchin' this one closely :wink:

Had some left over BT80 I've been saving for this same project,but too many others in the way right now.

Braden, I'm so jelaous... You are building:
6" darkstar
5" Nike
3" corkscrew

I am building:
nothing, but saving up for a 4" Nike (and will be for 4 more months)
I will be watching this closely too... Good luck!

Braden, I'm so jelaous... You are building:
6" darkstar
5" Nike
3" corkscrew

I am building:
nothing, but saving up for a 4" Nike (and will be for 4 more months)
I will be watching this closely too... Good luck!
One can start a lot of big projects when one has readily available re$our€e$. :wink:

One can start a lot of big projects when one has readily available re$our€e$. :wink:

Mark,
You know we don't have the resources on a regular basis, you also know how we were able to afford that Ultimate Darkstar. Honestly, I am very thankful we have the opportunities we have at the moment, this would never have happened without them...

Braden

I was not able to find any templates but i do have the pdf of the kit plans

https://estesplans.larocketryforum.com/2114 Corkscrew.pdf

-Z

Thanks!

I am trying to figure out how to make this work, apparently, I should be talking to John Clifton

[YOUTUBE]i1NZto3tyoM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]VKLy74CZCi0[/YOUTUBE]

My thought was to bevel the edges like the original, tack them together with 5 minute, and fiberglass on either side of it to hold it in place, then buy a bulkhead and drill an offset 38mm motor hole.

Braden

John has definitely mastered the Corkscrew.

I sent him a message letting him know about this thread. Hopefully he will offer some guidance.

I see Upscaler postd my video of John's 4" version...
Somewhere I have video of his 7.5", 98mm version :y:

Braden

How can I help?

John

Hey John,
First off let me say I think your corkscrews are amazing!

Okay, I basically am starting from nothing, so I'll need everything. I tried to find a rocksim file, but no dice, so I don't have any of the dimensions for the thing! So basically what I need as far as dims go is the overall length and the fin plan.

What I'm particularly interested in is pretty obvious, how does that trim tab stay on, and how did you make the centering rings for the off center motor? from the instruction manual posted above, it appears that motor is canted inside the tube, is that the case or is it just off center?

Braden

Braden,

Check out that rocksim file and let me know if it has good dimensions. That's where we start.

Check your PM

Mark,
You know we don't have the resources on a regular basis, you also know how we were able to afford that Ultimate Darkstar. Honestly, I am very thankful we have the opportunities we have at the moment, this would never have happened without them...

Braden
Yes, I did shoot you, but it was with a foam packing peanut at 1/4 power. And I've got more of them, too, so watch out. :bangbang:

In other words, it sounds like a cool project. Good for you. Just as with all of your other projects, I'm interested, and wish that I had thought of it.

A little bit of thread Necromancy today...

Braden or John, I'm curious what the advice beyond the RocSim file John imparted. I love watching John's rocket at Airfest, although I believe it shredded last year, and am curious about building my own to add to my "Bad Idea" series of rockets.

Back