Clear Tubing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accooper

Reaction score
I am designing an upscale of the old Estes rocket the X-Ray. Anyone have any idea where I could get some clear three inch tubing that a 3 inch cone would fit in?

Thanks in Advance.

Andrew

You can probably pick up a piece of acrylic on ebay for about $10 a foot plus shipping.

You might want to check around for clear mailing tubes if you want a lighter weight and cheaper option.

So a 3inch payload section means you'll be using BT-70 for the airframe? Sounds cool!

macmaster-carr also has clear tubing listed under; raw materials/plastics/tubing/clear/1/16" wall thickness, which might be more cost effective (haven't run the numbers). I've ordered from both companies and both ship fast. hth
rex

I'd strongly suggest using ANYTHING but ACRYLIC plastic. Acrylic plastic is simply to brittle for use on model rockets even as payload sections.

Polyethylene or Polycarbonate would make far better choices. McMaster-Carr Clear Polycarbonate, 3" OD, 2-7/8" ID 1/16" wall #8585k68 sold in 1 foot minimum lengths.,

Reviving an old thread here. Did you ever get your upscale X-Ray built?

Back