Flis Petite Praetor Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WizardOfAZ

Reaction score
Well, I took my crack at my very first ever official Micromaxx kit! After receiving my Flis kits in the mail, I selected one and got to work. It didn't take long to build and was a lot of fun! I can see already that a clean work space is needed not to loose parts, and whatever you do, DON'T SNEEZE! :wink: There were a few learning moments, like pushing the motor mount flush with the body tube and realizing I'll probably break the model trying to pull it out a little. I didn't have a MMX motor, and didn't take the time to see how long they are. So when the kit said, "push a MMX motor in to set the motor mount, so that 1/8" sticks out", I had no clue what to do other then guess. I could have looked it up, but don't actually care. The launch lugs are hilarious! I could barely get a grip on the little things, and was chuckling at myself, sitting there dinging around with a piece of wood the size of a sliver. The rest went fine until I got to packing the line and streamer in the tube. It was then that I realized I had three times more of both then I needed and made the appropriate changes. Thanks to the kit, I have several leftover parts that can be used for future scratch builds, and that's much appreciated! Just a lil paint and some decals now, and I'll have the first of many! Well, that's enough typing about it. Now I'll post some photos! :smile:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back