Tour de Deuce

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry

Reaction score
Anyone know where this ended up? Really sad to lose a thread as big as this one was....Maybe who ever knows where we are in this event can take it from here.

Larry

It doesn't look like either Jason or Eugeino are signed up for the forum (yet), and they were the TdD administrators. maybe Jflis can contact them and try to get the Deuces back on track.

Yep, I will be doing just that... :) Stay tuned.

Fortunately, shortly before TRF went down, Jason had sent me a note with the current state status so I have that. Just haven't had the time to get the site updated. Hopefully before NARCON! :)

I have the kits right now-I was going to send them to Jason but I haven't had a chance to get them mailed out. If someone wants them, I can get them shipped to whereever.

Any update on the project? Haven't heard anything for a while.

Jason, you out there??

I need to pop an email to Jason Toft. I know where the models are. Just need to verify if we have a "next state" and get them moving again.

jim

I had contacted Jason before this thread popped up and was going to mail them to him, but once I saw this thread I thought it would be simpler to just mail them whereever they need to go next.

I can ship them to Ohio if that's the "official" next state, and get the project back on its feet :)

Last time I asked about Ohio (and volunteered) I was told that it was already done. That was something like 18 months ago...

Not sure what the story is.:confused:

Last time I asked about Ohio (and volunteered) I was told that it was already done. That was something like 18 months ago...

Not sure what the story is.:confused:
I think Jim was reserving Ohio's spot for Carl Tulanko. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time). But I checked on the Tour page and OH was still on the list of states yet to be visited. I had volunteered (begged, really) also.

I think Jim was reserving Ohio's spot for Carl Tulanko. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time). But I checked on the Tour page and OH was still on the list of states yet to be visited. I had volunteered (begged, really) also.

Well, if any state was being reserved it was by Jason and Eugenio. FlisKits is helping sponsor the event but Jason and Eugenio are really running it, so...

That's why I am hoping to get Jason in here to help get this going again...

jim

Can anyone out there who has done any of these states, please post details?

Delaware
Idaho
Kansas
Louisiana
Massachusetts 2nd to last state - Doug Gardei
Nevada
New Hamshire Last state - Jim Flis
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
West Virginia
Wyoming

I think mailing them to the next person who volunteers here is a good idea, since the website is not being updated with the volunteers (or the results, it appears), the flyer could post the results here. It should go a whole lot faster if the flyers take it on themselves to say they are finished and ask for the next volunteer to finish this up. There are two Ohio volunteers, and Flying season is here!

Last edited:
Can anyone out there who has done any of these states, please post details?

Delaware
Idaho
Kansas
Louisiana
Massachusetts 2nd to last state - Doug Gardei
Nevada
New Hamshire Last state - Jim Flis
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
West Virginia
Wyoming

I think mailing them to the next person who volunteers here is a good idea, since the website is not being updated with the volunteers (or the results, it appears), the flyer could post the results here. It should go a whole lot faster if the flyers take it on themselves to say they are finished and ask for the next volunteer to finish this up. There are two Ohio volunteers, and Flying season is here!

I think some of these states may be complete but not posted as such yet. If you go look at the first year or so this moved along pretty well, then it kind of lost all momentum. Its now going into its 6th year and maybe some of the volunteers from way back have changed their mind about launching in their state. Who ever has all the volunteer contact information needs to contact all those left and see what their status as a volunteer is.

Larry

My point is the people who had the volunteer info seem not to be helping, so the best way forward at this point would be for the holder of the models to post they are finished, ask for a volunteer and mail them along.

Its one reason I started this thread. The old one was HUGE, and its a shame if all that info was lost. If I remember right some of the states marked as not done have been completed, but I'm not sure which ones. When it was going strong the member that had the rockets and completed his state then contacted the next on the list along with the event coordinators so everyone knew pretty much what was going on.

As someone that had part in this event I really don't want to see it end up like the Alpha deal either, it would be a crying shame for that to happen.

Larry

AFAIK the Alpha 40 project was finished, the website was just never updated to reflect it. (there was an old RMR post about it)
I know that North and south Dakota TdD have been completed.

Ok, tell you what :)

Until I get a hold of Jason, I will do my best to tackle these questions in the next 2-4 days. My schedule is hectic as I am starting up 11 new classes this coming week as well as releasing 3 new kits, building inventory and preparing for the Space Expo at the end of the month... (man, I need a JOB! This retirement thing is killin' me... LOL)

I will do my best to verify the states that are done, what states are left, a list of any known volunteers there are and may even get the web site updated.

Stay tuned!

Also, is there anyone who would like to join the team and help out once we get up to date?

Either respond here or send me an email (please, no PM's - my PM box gets full too fast :) )

jim

I'd volunteered too for Ohio back in the day, but only if Carl didn't work out (and he hasn't been flying much with other life activities...).

--Chan Stevens

Maybe all of us Ohioans could drive into Dayton for a TORC launch and do it together?

Back