Formula 54 Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
Here is the Formula 54 kit by Rocketry Warehouse, This is an all fiberglass kit that is perfect! for an L1 project. It's a really simple build and a pretty sharp looking kit ta boot, As you can see I did my color scheme a bit different, I wanted something I could see pretty easily as this bird will basically rip off the pad with almost anything you put in it.

Kit Specs:
  • 54mm Fiberglass 5:1 Von Karman Nosecone
  • 54mm G12 Fiberglass Airframe 21 inches
  • 29mm Motor Mount G12 Fiberglass 7 Inches
  • 3 G10 Fiberglass 1/16" Thick Fins
  • G10 Fiberglass Centering Rings
  • G10 Fiberglass Bulk Plate
  • Decals
  • Precision routed fin slots
  • Flies on anything from an F to an I
  • Weight Just over 1 Lb
  • 33 Inches Tall
  • All Fiberglass design

014.jpgformula54-pbo.jpg008 (2).jpg004 (2).jpg

Rocksim File:
View attachment Formula54.rkt

I agree that it is a good L1 rocket. I'm not sure how perfect it is. A quick sim with a H128W puts it over 3,100 ft. I'm sure that's way too high for a lot of folks.

A tracker, an altimeter to record the alt, and an I motor would make a very cool L1 cert flight.

Good luck and don't lose it on the first flight!

I agree that it is a good L1 rocket. I'm not sure how perfect it is. A quick sim with a H128W puts it over 3,100 ft. I'm sure that's way too high for a lot of folks.

A tracker, an altimeter to record the alt, and an I motor would make a very cool L1 cert flight.

Good luck and don't lose it on the first flight!

H:
Yeah you'd want to have the field for it that's for sure.

I picked one up at LDRS and launched it 2 weeks later on an F-52 to 1100ft. Great flyer and easy an build. Cant beat the price either for an all fiberglass kit. This baby will really scream with a G or H. F541.jpg

Allright, after all the Formula 54 talk - I couldnt wait any more - It's basically done, the fillets are curing now and I will sand and polish tomorrow. I'll post a photo when it's done. Fun and fast build, had a piece of 1/4 in kevlar I put to use for the shockcord and a old Aerotech 18 in chute should work just fine. Rocksim says a few G motors will put it over 3000 ft - gotta fly this one on a calm day I think.

Rocksim says a few G motors will put it over 3000 ft - gotta fly this one on a calm day I think.

I put it in WRasp32 and the best I could get in a 54mm dia. rocket with a .6 Cd and optimized weight about 8 oz was 2,400 ft. From what everyone says about Rocksim overestimating, the actual will probably be between those two.

I agree, fly it on a calm day.

and post pics!

Gary I didnt have an altimeter. I just went by Open Rocket and my own guesstimation.

On board Formula 54 video, Pretty funny, Memory filled up before I got the pole and got it down.

[video=youtube_share;joi9IhqfOLI]https://youtu.be/joi9IhqfOLI[/video]

Back