William Shatner at it again... Star Trek vs Star Wars

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
OK, look, I'm hoping I'm in that good a shape at 80 years old like Bill is right now!!!!?!!!! Bit of a belly, but hey, lucid, active, etc. I'm shooting for it! (Gotta loose the shirt though!..)

[YOUTUBE]5BYNdTHjstI[/YOUTUBE]

Although I much prefer Star Wars...I can safely say that The Shat is the bomb.

That said....Lucas has taken great strides recently in making me question my allegiance to the Force....it's only a matter of time before I turn to the Dark Side and boldly go enjoy the voyages of the starship Enterprise.

The universe it big enough for both...

There are things I like about Trek and things I like about Star Wars...

I'm not real thrilled with the direction EITHER has taken in recent years though...

Later! OL JR :)

and let's not forget his role as Denny Crane. :kill:

John

Star Trek came in during the space race, as I was growing up.
Star wars came in as my oldest son was growing up.
He had many things that wasn't thought of in my time.
Likewise, he would have never thought childhood was good with the things I had to play with and to do.
With that said, both have thier place.
I never made it a point to watch Star Wars.
But that is like saying I'm not going to work on a rocket tonight, I'll play video games instead.
It's the old remember when game again.
I would like to see what's coming next? Maybe a Mutant Turtle in a shell space ship saves the Universe with his Katana or Mace?

I'll not say anything against Star Wars - i enjoyed it. But i knew an ex-Christian who once said "I learned far more about humanity and morals from TNG than i ever did from the Bible." Has anyone ever said anything like that about Star Wars? I think not :p

Shatner is 80? I had to Wiki that. I'll be darned. "Bleep my Father said." That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Big Deal
thumbnail.aspx

I'm working on a new Star Trek movie script. In it, Kirk and Spock travel back in time to 20th century earth, to stop George Lucas from making any films after "Return of the Jedi".

Shatner is a cool dude, he's in good shape at 80. Hope I can be like that.

I enjoy both Star Wars and Star Trek. Though I have to say I think both Luke and Anakin are way too whiny.

I enjoy both Star Wars and Star Trek. Though I have to say I think both Luke and Anakin are way too whiny.

Kirk was pretty whiny in many TOS episodes. In a lot of episodes, Bones's only FUNCTION was to whine.

And of course no discussion of whining is complete without Wesley Crusher.

My biggest gripe about Star Wars is that there only seems to be about six girls in the entire Galaxy Far, Far Away... That's gotta suck!

Let's see.. there was Princess Leia, in several nice outfits (including the hawtness of her outfit on Jabba's landcruiser), Mon Mothma (not into older short-haired chicks) and the dancing chick with the tentacles coming out of her head that gets eaten in the basement of Jabba's place... At least the "re-release" added a few spotted chicks to flirt with Boba Fett there at the last... That was pretty much it for the first three...

In the second three, we have Padme and her handmaidens, a few chicks in the bar (including the hot bounty hunter chick that gets lightsabered by Obi-Wan and turns out to be a lizard) and some more tentacled chicks in the bar (sorry I like my chicks without tentacles thank you very much!) and a couple blue fat girls standing around Senate headquarters (shades of Monica Lewinsky and the blue dress??? LOL:)) Other than that... :confused2:

Trek, on the other hand, had hawtness in nearly every episode. Kirk went through women like most folks do underwear (OK I could make a REALLY bad joke here but I'll let you figure it out). Not only did he have Grace Lee Whitney and her 60's hawtness standing beside him most of the time, but he had the regular babe-feast of "chicks of the week" coming and going... he even got Diana Muldaur (when she was young and hot) on two seperate occasions... TNG and the spinoffs had even MORE chicks... and then there was "Chick Trek" (Voyager)... Enterprise had three green slave girls, Vulcan hawtness, and a cute Asian girl "manning" the radio-- who could ask for more-- plus they REGULARLY had to go through "decon" and rub oil all over each other after returning from missions because bio-filters hadn't been invented yet... (probably some dork like Wesley Crusher invented bio-filters, and probably got his @ss kicked by space crewmen that no longer got the chance to rub oil on the hot female crew members in 'decon').

Course even though Wesley was a tool, he DID get plenty of hawtness himself... that long-haired brunette chick that turned into some kind of bug-eyed monster, and don't forget the EVER hot Ashley Judd!!! (DANG!)

Course even Trek doesn't hold a candle to the 70's sci-fi babefests-- the original BSG and Buck Rogers...

Course even Trek doesn't hold a candle to the 70's sci-fi babefests-- the original BSG and Buck Rogers...

Off think! Off think! Off think!

That was one of the worst episodes of Buck Rogers in terms of storyline, but that one scene has stuck with me my entire life.....

G.D.

Off think! Off think! Off think!

That was one of the worst episodes of Buck Rogers in terms of storyline, but that one scene has stuck with me my entire life.....

G.D.

Hehehe... yeah...

"She's got bumps..." LOL:)

I can think of one episode that was worse... the one with the guys painted Gold... :rolleyes: And the one where Sarek can remove his head at will... And 'the Satyr'... :eyeroll:

Come to think of it, basically the entire second season of BRIT25C sucked...

I think all the hair dye combined with the three martini lunch and the pretty young interviewer went ole Krik's head. Still working at 80 because they never paid him what he was worth for TOS! And that belly! I always love the scene in one of the later movies where they cut from his stunt "double" rock climbing the sheer cliff to Bill clinging to a rock with his arms just barely long enough to overcome the belly. Good thing Spock had those jet booties! Now if Star Trek could just sign up Jar Jar Binks! Just burn the odd numbered Star Trek movies along with Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and we can all be happy!

I think all the hair dye combined with the three martini lunch and the pretty young interviewer went ole Krik's head. Still working at 80 because they never paid him what he was worth for TOS! And that belly! I always love the scene in one of the later movies where they cut from his stunt "double" rock climbing the sheer cliff to Bill clinging to a rock with his arms just barely long enough to overcome the belly. Good thing Spock had those jet booties! Now if Star Trek could just sign up Jar Jar Binks! Just burn the odd numbered Star Trek movies along with Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and we can all be happy!

Hehehe... that's true...

The odd numbered Trek movies WERE stinkers, by and in large...

I DID like Star Trek III though... Christopher Lloyd and the guy from "Night Court" MADE that movie...
klingons.jpg

Back