Suggestion Box

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Could use some ideas from ya all. I have,thanks to my SS worldofglen an Aerotech RMS 18/20 with the D13-7W reloads. I would like to clone a Centuri Rocket to use this RMS in. I have from Semroc, The 7-20,7-16 and 7-13 MMTs and matching Centuri tubes that are 18" long. No NCs yet. I do realize I will/may have to order other parts.Possible more tubing and couplers, NC and whatever. If I got my facts right, I think the Centurion uses the St 16 tube? Would that be a good bird to use the D13-7W in? What others would you suggest?As you all know,I can scratch,own design,build all kinds of rockets.But my knowledge with using RMS is NOT-A.So,I really could use some help here. Thanks

I have no ideas, but I'll be watching with interest to see what you come up with. And don't be afraid of RMS. If I can figure it out, anyone can!

I have no ideas, but I'll be watching with interest to see what you come up with. And don't be afraid of RMS. If I can figure it out, anyone can!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Ohhh, Im sure I can come up with something if need be. There is alot of great rocketeers here and figured I would ask around and pick thier brains for ideas.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Ohhh, Im sure I can come up with something if need be. There is alot of great rocketeers here and figured I would ask around and pick thier brains for ideas.

I'm sure you'll get some good ideas. I have a scratcher in mind that I'll be needing ideas for as well.

The Centurian should be about right for a D13-7. I've used that load a few times in a Big Bertha and it worked out just about perfect.

Yeah, the Centurion is a nice flying rocket. My nephew has one and has flown it on D12's and E9's. It's a great flyer. I got the kit for him from Mercury Engineering, but it's a Semroc clone.

lunar_launch_050110_096.JPG

lunar_launch_050110_111.jpg

lunar_launch_050110_112.JPG

lunar_launch_050110_122.JPG

Back