Post Your Fleet! Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is teh shot of our fleet. My two sons and are are still in work on a few...
But here they are. One of My favorites is My Shadow model. I hope the white nozzle I epoxied on the end holds up !!

Is that Phoenix missile a The Launch Pad rocket?

Always fun building kits, But looking into scratch building is always good too.

I've attached a photo of my LPR rockets and a photo of my MPR rockets.

In the upper right is an old Estes Astron Ranger that I built in the late 1960's. In the bottom of the photo is an old Estes Arcas that has been shortened due to recovery problems. Next to it is a red/white/black rocket
that is my first scratch-built using BT55 tubing right after it came out. In those days we only had Estes B engines and smaller. Then we discovered FSI and their slightly larger diameter BP engines including a C. I scratch built a motor mount for these engines in this rocket and it flew very well in the FSI C engine. In the middle of the photo is a small white rocket, an Aerobee variant, using an old piece of Estes BT30 and a long rubber nose cone that I got from my brother in law in the mid-1960's. There are a lot of other scratch-builts in the photo, all at least 20 years old.

In the MPR photo on the right is a LOC HT45 that I built with different fins, and on the left is a 4" diameter scratch built clone of a Binder Excel Plus that I used for L1 cert.

IMG_2128b.jpg

IMG_2130b.jpg

finaly able to get the whole fleet together in one spot kinda....

DSCF2798.JPG

This is a partial sampling. Pictures from a few years. Have a couple of adds, and 1 or 2 loses. This is also a collection that started back in about 1968.

P3050548.jpg

P3050550.jpg

P3050553.jpg

P3050552.jpg

P3050551.jpg

Last edited:
This is a partial sampling. Pictures from a few years. Have a couple of adds, and 1 or 2 loses. This is also a collection that started back in about 1968.

Is Admiral Akbar a rocket???????

Here is my ONE collection of my rockets I have collected over the years. Pretty proud of it. All sealed except for the built ones of course. What do you think?:wink:

I will have another post when I bring more out.

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

Well ,here are some of the fleet ;)

These pics were taken last X-mas ,so much has been added ,but I`ll have to add those later.......perhaps this Christmas :D

Cheerio

Paul T

1-Beautiful Rockets bro..
2-I wouldnt show to many non rocket people as they may not understand or appreciate your fleet.
3-Keep Building

Dam Nice stuff..

Tom

I think I have about... maybe 5 rockets? Yes, I think 5 with 2 more under construction.

AMAZING fleets everyone.

Thought I would update my fleet pictures since my wife and I have both been building throughout the winter. We have a new "Rocket room" with plenty of room to display our collection, and it's just inside the front door. Used to be a library, but since we now have kindles, we are downsizing our hard copy books. Since last October, we have added a Magician, the "Kick Asspire" which is a blue tube/fiberglass version of the "Aspire", and three rockets up on the rack that are in the painting line up.They are an "Executioner, a D Region Tomahawk, and an LOC Starburst.
008-2.jpg

Hi Folks,

Here's a quick shot of my little fleet as well as what I have on the shelf. There is another box with unbuilt kits of which I don't have a picture....

BTW: The subwoofer is real, not a an earlier ESTES maxi brute :D

Holger

My Fleet.jpg

My Kits.jpg

Having just gotten back into the hobby, my BAR fleet is anemic compared to some of the others posted so far:

image-my-current-bar-fleet-600-400-031912220603496.jpg

From left to right:

Semroc Batrok, Quest Viper, Quest Mean Green, Estes Viking, Semroc Point, Estes Wizard.

Also partially visible: Lavalamp, 2 photos I took in the Tea Gardens in SF, and some artwork from my kids.

My basement got caught in the flooding in the NorthEast from storms Irene and Lee. The shelves I kept my rockets on were particle board and were ruined. Unfortuately several rockets were ruined as well. :( Anyway, I had to store away all my rockets, refinish the basement, and rebuild the shelves. Finally finished everything and got to put the rockets back away.
Here they are in their new home

P1000148.jpg

P1000150.jpg

P1000151.jpg

P1000152.jpg

but before I got them put all away I did have them pose for a group shot :wink:

This from 14 years of "work"

P1000135.jpg

P1000142.jpg

P1000144.jpg

P1000145.jpg

P1000146.jpg

Last edited:
Give it a year...

Heh, don't I know it. I started on a Tau Zero 2 nights ago, and I have a boost glider, another BatRok and 6 estes kits in my "build box". I've also got another couple of kits coming in the mail in the not too distant future.

Not to mention the larger rockets I have my eye on from Apogee/Madcow/Pemberton for my eventual Level 1 (and 2) certifications, and an idea for a scratch-build/upscale project kicking around in the bak of my head...

:D

View attachment 2012-03-20 12.29.43.jpg

Back in the Hobby After 20+ Years My Small Fleet :eek:

V-2 - Original Estes (Retired undergoing repair)
SR-71 Blackbird - Estes
Alien Invader - Estes (Classic Series)
Vagabond - Estes
Payloader II - Estes (Classic Series)
Star Trooper - Estes (Classic Series)
Deuces Wild - Fliskit
Dimminuative Deuce - Fliskit
AMRAAM Aim 120 - Estes
Photon Probe - Estes (Classic Series)
TarTar - Estes
Big Yank - Estes
Space Eagle - Estes
Navaho - Quest

Every rocket I have ever built is in this picture, and a couple small ones are my wife's. My first was an Estes Mongoose in yellow, it's on the table in front of the two Vagabonds, which were my last two builds.
065.jpg

Wayne, what's the netting for? is Keep cats or roof rats out of the yard? If it works, I gotta few cats I'd like to block access to in my yard.

Wayne, what's the netting for? is Keep cats or roof rats out of the yard? If it works, I gotta few cats I'd like to block access to in my yard.

I remember hearing on the Animal Planet that a 45 degree overhang will block any cat; the animal sees it and knows that it can't jump over it.

I remember hearing on the Animal Planet that a 45 degree overhang will block any cat; the animal sees it and knows that it can't jump over it.

That's basically how this stuff works. It's called Cat Fence-in and is mounted to your fence. We've had it for 12 years and it keeps coyotes and stray cats out of our cats play area.
Zonie, PM sent. Do I know you?

Wanted to launch today, but the weather is not cooperating. So I took a picture.

SpringFleet2012.jpg

Wanted to launch today, but the weather is not cooperating. So I took a picture.

SpringFleet2012.jpg

Great looking rockets, I like the mix of new and classic. Really nice..I like the old radio too, used to collect those. Sold them all except for my old cats whisker crystal.

Last edited:
Thanks John. I'm an old Centuri guy—can't help it as that's what I was first exposed to as a kid. I've bought parts for a Black Widow (Semroc has them) and one of these days a Micro-Probe will be cloned.

Oddly enough, the radio still works. It just takes a couple of minutes to warm the tubes. I used to have a few old Bakelite sets—lost in a fire.

Some of the newer additions to my fleet. EAC Viper XL, Ion Disruptor, Who's Your Daddy, Plasma Fart, Soothsayer, and Centurion XL.

rockets_041012.jpg

My fleet's still pretty small, both in size and numbers, but it's growing rapidly. I actually have enough tubes and nosecones to triple my fleet's size! :eyepop: Needless to say, I am building busily!

Anyway, here it is. (Not pictured is my Estes Outlander, the first rocket I ever built. It has never flown, but I am hoping to get it fixed up to fly at TTRA next month.)
From left to right:
1) Scratch built 19FNC (24mm MMT)
2) Estes Nova Payloader (stock),
3) Estes Amazon (stock),
4) The Wipeout (made entirely out of TP and paper towel tubes, even the MMT, CR's, and shock cord! 18mm MMT),
5) un-named Nike-esque scratch build (18mm MMT),
6) scratch built X-34C (2-stage, 24mm-24mm),
7)Estes QCC Explorer (stock, my favorite kit so far!)

The Fleet.jpg

Here's my fleet to date about half are scratchers
1.barracuda
2.python
3.red matter-BT60
4.fatboy(I have to borrow the nc
5.orange crush-2"mailer tube
6.got milk-BT60
7.shuttle express
8.magician
9.the hippie-2"mailer tube
10.rainbow-BT80