Post Your Fleet! Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my fleet as it stood in March 2008
OldFleet.jpg
11 Rockets in total - 5 kits and 6 scratch built.

Now, September 2013 - 5 years on, this is my Low Power fleet
Low-Power-Fleet-Small.jpg
I couldn't begin to count the different rockets here - and this is only the part of my fleet that fits on the shelf.

So much fun!!

Krusty

Here's my fleet as it stood in March 2008
11 Rockets in total - 5 kits and 6 scratch built.

Now, September 2013 - 5 years on, this is my Low Power fleet
I couldn't begin to count the different rockets here - and this is only the part of my fleet that fits on the shelf.

So much fun!!

Krusty

You been busy!

Does anyone ever feel guilty about all the rockets in their fleet?

If you are like me I fly about 3 to 10 rockets per launch. I get in probably 80 to 90 launches total a year.
I have about 25 or so active rockets.
How many sit for a year or more without a flight? Is there a reason to keep it (beyond display models)?

Just a point of conversation...

Jeff
PS: Captain I already know you don't feel guilty! :lol:

Nope - no guilt at all. Many of my rockets have a measly 1 flight on them. But they all get a chance to "spread their wings" at least once. Without a flight, they are just a model - not a model rocket

Yes I do think about this. I fly mostly LPR with my kids and we can easily burn through 20 flights in an afternoon. But it is a lot of work and we tend to cycle through those rockets which are both sturdy and easy to fly. When it comes to trips to larger fields, I bring too many rockets and cannot get them all in the air.

I justify it like this, I enjoy the process of building and finishing. I have so many unfinished projects lying about, I really get a sense of accomplishment when one finally is done. And I get a bit of a thrill trying to pick my next victim from the unbuilt pile. This part is really relaxing and as my family knows, I'm much easier to get along with when I'm relaxed!

Kevin

If you are like me I fly about 3 to 10 rockets per launch. I get in probably 80 to 90 launches total a year.
How many sit for a year or more without a flight? Is there a reason to keep it (beyond display models)?

Jeff

You been busy!

Just a bit :wink:

Jeff

Yes and no. I *love* building rockets - more so than flying them.

I have quite a number of rockets in my fleet that haven't ever been flown and that's where the guilt comes in - and only a little. So I've made a commitment to prep and fly one or two each launch now - just so they've all had flights.

As Les said "Without a flight, they are just a model - not a model rocket"

Krusty

I don't feel guilty, but I do feel foolish at times. Like Krusty, I get at least as much pleasure out of building them as I do flying them, maybe more. I feel foolish that I keep building and building, all the while running out of room to store them. At some point, I'm going to have to start donating them or something. I don't know what I can do, but I do know I can't stop building.

Back