circle calculation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of equations for determining fitting circles around the circumferance of another circle? Basically, to calculate size and number of tube fins that will fit where the fin will be a different size than the main tube?

Thanks
Les

Does anyone know of equations for determining fitting circles around the circumferance of another circle? Basically, to calculate size and number of tube fins that will fit where the fin will be a different size than the main tube?

RocketReviews.com's Tube Fin Calculator will tell you the size of tube fins to use if you want to surround a specified body tube with a specified number of equal-size tube fins or the number of tube fins to use to surround a specified body tube with equal-sized tube fins of a specified size.

An explanation of the math used by the tools is at:

-- Roger

Last edited:
The info already posted above is great, but does anyone remember all the color graphics that we had here on TRF a few years back showing all the BT combinations that fit inside other BTs? I used to have a copy of that work but I can't find it right now, and I don't remember a name or a link.

Anybody? (with a better memory than mine?)

Back