Will inkjet decal sheets work in a laser printer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tronman

Dept of Redundancy Dept
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our two inkjet printers crapped out over the weekend, so we bought an HP LaserJet Pro CM1415 yesterday. I have an unused pack of laserjet decal sheets that I'd hate to see go to waste.

I would be concerned about the heat from the fuser damaging the decal material. Hang on to the unopened pack; ink jet printers are relatively cheap and you may find one at a yard sale or a clearance rack.

I have used them many times in a color laser printer without any issues. Not to say you wont, just that I have not had any problems using them.

...Fudd

I have a pack of 25, so I guess I can try one. Maybe it would be best to print after first turning the printer on. It does get a little warm after it's been printing for a couple of hours.

I would be concerned about the heat from the fuser damaging the decal material. Hang on to the unopened pack; ink jet printers are relatively cheap and you may find one at a yard sale or a clearance rack.

I would be concerned about the decal material damaging the fuser! I have heard of someone seriously mucking up a laser printer running the wrong decal material through it.

I accidentally used inkjet decal paper in our color laser printer. We now have a new color laser printer. :)

-- Roger

At least you can :) about it :shock:

The new printer uses the same toner cartridges. So, I was able to save those from the old printer. And the new printer wasn't too expensive. I've made much costlier mistakes. :)

But ... I just recalled that it wasn't waterslide decal paper that I had the problem with. It was some self-stick vinyl sheets. They stuck good when heated up by the laser printer!

I'm not sure if laser waterslide decal paper is really different than the inkjet paper. But, I'd recommend not taking a chance.

-- Roger

Back