Thrustline - Arapahoe E Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e42

Reaction score
The Thrustline Arapahoe E was not in the index so I thought I would start a gallery for what is my favorite rocket in an ever growing rocket collection. While the kit is OOP, you can get the planset and decals from Gordon at Excelsior Rocketry.

--- Ron

Arapahoe_e_RW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the yellow!

Although I stuck with the original red.

arapahoefinished.JPG

Although I stuck with the original red.

Blasphemy! The original color scheme was blue... (see post for beta build: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showpost.php?p=19795&postcount=16).

3a.jpg

Upscale Arapahoe F..(2.6" dia)

with Kid Brother
ArapahoeF.jpg

Createx Irridescent Blue and copper trim
arapahoef4.jpg

On an F20
arapahoeF-20.jpg

You guys never cease to blow me away with your artistry.

JAL, It's easy to get inspired by such a beautifully sleek rocket:)

Does anyone have a roc-sim file for the Arapahoe E that they would be willing to share?

Welcome to the Thrustline Arapahoe E (TA-023) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Thrustline Arapahoe E (TA-023) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Thrustline: Arapahoe E: TA-023

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Thrustline Arapahoe E (TA-023) Basic Information.

thrustline.gif
Thrustline Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Arapahoe E Also known as:

NUMBER: TA-023

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: John Rowan-Stern

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery:
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: When I was about 9 or 10, I bought my first "D" motor rocket called the Cherokee D. Ironically, I built it when I was staying at some friend's house for the summer in Upper State New York. The man of the house was of Cherokee Indian descent and taught me a lot about fishing and other great things in life. As luck would have it, I lost the model on it's maiden flight and vowed that someday, I would build it again. Well, a lot of fish have come and gone since then but the memory of that summer inspired me to make a more modern version of that still famous rocket. Why name it the Arapahoe E? Well, because it just keeps things in perspective. My continued thanks for the help, photos and friendship of Mr. John McClure. For without his help and input, this kit, (and a few others) may still be on the bench! (Thrustline 2008 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Anyone have the fin template? I love this rocket and would like to buid one. I assume it is long out of production.

Anyone have the fin template? I love this rocket and would like to buid one. I assume it is long out of production.

I could send you mine but know this, you might be wise to compare my template to the rocket with boat tail on just to make sure it fits proper. Mine might be a little tweaked because I turned my own boat tail. Which size did you want?

Does it fly well?
It does. The only issue with the design is the amount of nose weight
required. I forced me into the AeroTech 18mm case to get D impulse.

(I had the same problem with my Fat Boy to SpaceShipOne kitbash).

Just want to give a shout out to the two guys who designed that rocket. Both were remarkably talented members of this forum whose presence is sorely missed. The rocket was designed by John Rowan-Stern who went by the name of Flying Silverado here. He gave one of the beta kits to OKTurbo who, if I remember correctly, came up with the paint scheme. I still put the Arapahoe E in my top 5 most beautiful low power designs. truly a beautiful design.

Back