LOC - Stovi (PK-40) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyd

Old Rocketeer
Reaction score
Took a while, but finally re-paired, and re-painted the Stovi, and added the decals supplied by LOC. They are vinyl, and adhere very well, so make sure they are where you want them when applied!

P1011708 (758x1024).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
298.jpg

336.jpg

361.jpg

362.jpg

Tony Fragge's LOC Stovi in Kiss Army colors.

Got one still in primer since last fall! Still trying to decide on a scheme for it. Maybe knowing there is a gallery for me to show it off in will get me off my butt? Yeah, right.

Are you guys building yours with the 24 or 29mm option? I have one and I'm torn... if I go with 24s, I could put a timer in the upper section and have one heck of an airstart model...

I did mine with the 29mm, but left the 24mm full size, just notched them at the top, to fit the 3in tube, and then put the fins in between the lower tubes, and then used a small paper filler to "bridge" the gap between each tube, above the fins.IM000260.JPG

Welcome to the LOC Stovi (PK-40) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the LOC Stovi (PK-40) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

LOC: Stovi: PK-40

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
LOC Stovi (PK-40) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision

MODEL NAME: Stovi Also known as:

NUMBER: PK-40

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Cluster
Motor Mount: 7x24mm or 1x29mm + 6x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 44.5"
Diameter:
Span:
Weight: 22oz

Mfg. Description: The STOVE is a unique 7 x 24mm motor cluster whose fins attach into the valleys of the motor mount tube cluster which extends beyond the main airframe. This innovative design rocket can attain altitudes over 1000' using a single 24mm G42 motor - Six fins mount between the six "booster tanks" making it a visually appealing rocket. Parachute Recovery!

All LOC/PRECISION "PK-XX" kits include heavy duty airframe and motor mount tubes, high-grade precision-cut plywood fins, centering rings, rip-stop nylon parachute or streamer, nylon elastic shock cord and mount, launch lug, polypropolene nose cones and instructions. (LOC 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-stovi%20pk40-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog
loc-stovi%20pk40-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

loc-stovi%20pk40-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

loc-stovi%20pk40-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back