Year of Astronautics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rockets!

What material are you using for the fins? I don't recognise the grain structure. Are they wood, or something else like Phenolic?

Yes, GDJ, it is specially designed for fins material based on рhenolic, good strength , low density, manufacturability.

Basswood good material, but requires skill for the best result. My way easier.

Last edited:
Those look really nice! How do you ignite the upper stages?

Good question, Qquake2k, thank you. Critical cross-section of the nozzle HELIUM-10 0.95 mm, internal igniter at a distance of 14 mm from the end of the motor. At the upper stage used motors without any additional technical improvements. That is, the motors can be interchanged. It's easier for me to show it in the pictures, than try to tell you about it. System of ignition works with any type of propellant charge, end burning or channel, complete unification.

Last edited:
Good question, Qquake2k, thank you. Critical cross-section of the nozzle HELIUM-10 0.95 mm, internal igniter at a distance of 14 mm from the end of the motor. At the upper stage used motors without any additional technical improvements. That is, the motors can be interchanged. It's easier for me to show it in the pictures, than try to tell you about it. System of ignition works with any type of propellant charge, end burning or channel, complete unification.

I would love to see more photos.

Photo with some of the events "indoors", popularization and propaganda in the "one bottle". Photo made before the Process started, then a few hours fuss, no time to shoot ...

RGP_01.jpg

RGP_02.jpg

RGP_03.jpg

RGP_04.jpg

RGP_05.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations to All with the Anniversary of the beginning of the Space Era of Mankind!

Rocketeers in Moscow celebrate the anniversary in their own way. Preparation and training launch of rocket

Video https://youtu.be/f_sG7qFOAz8

pre01.jpg

1204_01.jpg

1204_02.jpg

Last edited:
As they say in the good movies: "five years have passed...", unfortunately, the weather is not getting better, but rockets are launched regardless of this. Many different events happened. I will continue to tell for all about my rocketry experience. My English has not improved, I ask for understanding as much as possible.

April 12, 2014, the anniversary of the flight of Gagarin, this time at VDNH was a big reconstruction, our launch pad moved into the courtyard of the House of Culture.

Preparation for rocket launches.IMG_1008.JPG IMG_1009.JPG IMG_1008.JPG 18.jpg

The launch weight of the rocket is about 40 grams. Trust curve of motor following.20140416_165855.jpg G12-3.jpg

Last edited:
Grandfather of all MLRS systems. ''Katusha'' and Studebaker.1495566895_img_0912.jpg 1495566893_img_0910.jpg

This is lovely stuff, thanks for sharing!

Any chance you could take a pic of the motor that goes with that thrustcurve?

And the flames on the later ones look more yellow, different motor I presume?

And the flames on the later ones look more yellow, different motor I presume?

Yes, different motors and different solid propellant formulation. Model rocket motors tend to be a strong compromise for manufacturability and low cost, as a consequence of this low case pressure. Different color of the flames is the effect of solid propellant components for sustainable combustion and a certain burning rate.01m.jpg 02m.jpg 00094.jpg m07.jpg

May 2013, Student festival " May's take off". Moscow, TushinoIMG_0784.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0823.JPG IMG_0828.JPG airfield.

Look through the" keyhole " inside the rocket 9м17м (AT-2 SWATTER)fal.jpg 1-080616164532.jpeg dsc_7564.jpg dsc_7565.jpg IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0813.JPG IMG_0815.JPG IMG_0816.JPG

July 27 took part in the youth Forum "I am a citizen of the Moscow region."

Back