Year of Astronautics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
foamy Wow. Very nice display with some seriously well built and finished rockets. I'm very impressed.

Thanks Foamy, I had very hard work

Your hard work paid off nicely Round. You have an excellent display of rockets that show an excellent level of workmanship.

Я желаю вам ясное небо и быстро рейсы!

GDJ Your hard work paid off nicely Round.

Thank you, GDJ, the most interesting ahead, soon test launches.

Surprise after an exhibition. More year I conducted a rocketry circle with schoolboys in the evenings. Someone has told to the director about an exhibition and she has decided that I work too much . . .

IMG_47.JPG

IMG_50.JPG

What's going on there?

Nothing. There is a big house in the center of Moscow, There only officials. The circle worked only by me. Nobody will forbid rockets to fly

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how rocketry nerds look just about the same, all around the world?

TRF 20025435-063.jpg

Excellent Picture Round !!

I read all the thread very interesting

History of the Russian rocketry.

I have opened the old chest, having blown off a dust, and memoirs have gushed like a river ...
Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine, Jangel Cup1996. I took part in organization of competitions, tested motors of participants. On photos Vladimir Hohlov - veteran of rocketry in Russia, and team "DAK" rocketry club.

S01.jpg

S02.jpg

S03.jpg

S04.jpg

S05.jpg

Last edited:
One more unforgettable moment. The problem with motors of the first stage, but the second stage has made successful flight.

R01.jpg

R03.jpg

R04.jpg

R05.jpg

R06.jpg

Last edited:
Taurus-Tomahawk - one of my favourite rockets. For this moment I create its kit.

C01.jpg

C03.jpg

C04.jpg

C05.jpg

Rocketry club "Young technician" in Moscow. A workshop.

h01.JPG

h02.JPG

h03.JPG

IMG_5144_resize.JPG

More fascinating photos - thanks!!

I only write occasionally, but I look at everything you post here. спасибо!!

More fascinating photos - thanks!!

I only write occasionally, but I look at everything you post here. спасибо!!

I am very grateful to you, Dave. I don't write much too, but sometimes pictures speak more than words.
Thanks.

I think it is great to see an active club anywhere, especially with young guys learning and having fun.

And that Arianne model looks very nice.

Thanks for sharing those pix, Round

High-altitude experimental minirocket in details. Fiberglass
airframe tube O.D. - 17mm, phenolic fins.

339_1_H.JPG

339_2_H.jpg

339_3_H.JPG

339_5_H.jpg

If this rocket is used as the second stage the motor for it works so at picture. Weight of 10mm HELIUM B1.2-4 - 5.8g

B1.2-3.jpg

Last edited:
I like the color-coded motor cases... that's a GREAT idea-- one I wish OUR manufacturers would adopt... the closest we've had was Estes printing the product info and motor size on the casing in colored ink-- red for booster motors, green for single-stage motors, purple for upper-stage (two or three stage) motors.

What material is the nozzle made from?? It looks to be a very hard very fine grained white material of some sort?? Looks very interesting. Also interesting reading about the different casing sizes... in the US the most common casing sizes are 13mm (mini-motors), 18mm (regular model rocket motors), 24mm (mid-power D/E size black powder propellant motors), and then going up to 29mm motors and switching to APCP composite propellant for large F/G size mid power motors and on up from there into high power rocketry sizes, commonly 38mm and 54mm (on up). Nearly forgot the teeny 1/8A MicroMaxx motors, but I don't remember what their casing size is... (VERY tiny).

Very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing... I'm a great admirer of Russian Space history and hardware/equipment. Congratulations on your excellent models and displays and thank you for sharing them here! Please post more!
Later!
OL JR :)

PS... is your avatar an Uragan?? I've been reading about those and am considering making a model of it... :)

Many thanks, Dear Luke Strawwalker, for interest to my information. The motor nozzle is made of special ceramics. Ddifferent casing sizes - possibility of optimum designing in LPR, as mainstream of rocketry in Russia.
Yes, it really Uragan (Hurricane), very interesting site about this system and other rockets and spaceships, Hi-res photos are especially good.

Visit PLS: https://www.buran.ru/
https://www.buran.ru/htm/family.htm
https://www.buran.ru/htm/foto14.htm

gk175-11.jpg

gk175-2.jpg

gk175-3.jpg

uragan4m.jpg

uragan3m.jpg

Many thanks, Dear Luke Strawwalker, for interest to my information. The motor nozzle is made of special ceramics. Ddifferent casing sizes - possibility of optimum designing in LPR, as mainstream of rocketry in Russia.
Yes, it really Uragan (Hurricane), very interesting site about this system and other rockets and spaceships, Hi-res photos are especially good.

Visit PLS: https://www.buran.ru/
https://www.buran.ru/htm/family.htm
https://www.buran.ru/htm/foto14.htm

Spacibo Round! I greatly appreciate it! Those are REALLY cool websites!

I've read as much as I could find from links on www.nasaspaceflight.com/forums and I think that's an AMAZING design... it's what the US SHOULD be building but isn't... flyback boosters are going to be needed to really bring spaceflight costs down... having to rebuild boosters that have been dunked in the ocean (on the US side) or parachuted down to a hard ground landing (Russian side) is never going to lead to a practical affordable sustainable system... (much as I love the Energia/Buran and Vulkan...) I was looking at some interesting flyback boosters recently but I can't recall the names offhand... had small jet engines installed in the nosecones of the boosters and foldout wings to bring them autonomously back to a runway landing after separation from the space rocket...

Thanks again for your terrific pictures and info!

Later! OL JR :)

Round,
I have really enjoyed all of your pictures that you have posted! It is fun to see that interest in rocketry knows no nationalities. You have built some beautiful rockets!

Rick

Thanks for kind words, Rick.

Thrust curves of 16mm HELIUM D5-4 rocket motor.

Buk-M1_M1-2_01.JPG

D5-4.jpg

The flame form depends on ejection speed. Motor 10mm HELIUM A1.2-4 Nozzle throat 1.1mm First pic strong initial thrust, second pic constant lower thrust. If attentively have a look at the second pic, in the end of flame the smallest parts of insulator are visible.

01_r.jpg

02_r.jpg

Last edited:
Back