Year of Astronautics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GDJ Welcome!
2) Loved the photographs.
3) Your english is just fine for this place!

Thank you, GDJ.
I learned English language at school. Knew that it is useful.

Last edited:
I have a friend. His name is Alexander Puzikov. He works for club of children's technical creativity in the city of Biysk on Altai (from Moscow about 3800 kilometers). A few shots from children's party "Day of Astronautics 2011"

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
Those are great looking scale rockets ,very nice !!

SA-4 and Ganef are great lookin.

Vostok is always a beautiful looking rocket.

Nike is one of my favorites !!!

Cheers

Paul t

Great pictures, Round!

Looks like there was a good crowd on hand to watch your demo. That really large Vostok.....seemed like it was flown on a cluster of black powder based motors from the flames and exhaust. What motors were used in this, and how much did the rocket really weigh? I'm guessing that you guys build light as 'conventional HPR' type stuff isn't around much in Russia.

Please post more photos of stuff like this when you can!

AstronMike Great pictures!

Dear AstronMike, I have asked Alexander to prepare the detailed report about his work. All will be here.

Some of micro and mini series.

Tube Diameter: 16-22 mm
Length: 28-50 cm

M_01.JPG

M_02.JPG

M_03.JPG

The rocket for competitions FAI S3 and S6.

Tube Diameter: 40.1 mm
Length: 51 cm
Weight (without motor): 11 g.

S_4843.jpg

S_4844.jpg

Thanks for the ongoing posts of spacemodeling on the other side of the world! Scale models seem to be quite popular out there - I love seeing the clustered Vostok style models. A long time ago I got to see the ones that team Russia brought to the world championships; they were extremely impressive.

X-58 1/12 scale for RC planes.

That is a great-looking Kh-58 kit, is it commercially available or was it someone's custom build? And can you say why it is for RC planes? It sure looks like a regular model rocket, with a motor in the bottom and all the rest.

Your next series of pictures (VERY nice shots, by the way) shows a flexible tube that looks like it screws into the top of the motor. So, what is the tube for? (I haven't seen any products like that here in the US) Does it contain and direct some hot motor gas forward to the other motor for ignition? And what is the other motor doing plugged into the back of the nose cone?

Just what is going on there? (You seem to have a completely different setup for your kit than what we use.)

That is a great-looking Kh-58 kit, is it commercially available or was it someone's custom build?

Dear Powderburner,
I have a friend in Moscow, He builds Mig-25 in 1/12 scale. He asked me: "Can you arm the plane ?" This rocket is developed for launch from the RC plane and works like a real missile Kh-58. This rocket has no recovery system. The nose cone contains inside a powder pigment and a small cracker. The cracker sprays the pigment, it looks like explosion of a warhead. This model should be very reliable in work. The black tube reliably and quickly transfers fire from a delay to the cracker. In last photo the cracker isn't inserted up to the end. At the moment I develop some more models same type.
This model can be kits if only with a recovery system (parachute or streamer).

Last edited:
. . . and these rockets to destroy RC planes :smile:

Buk-M1_M1-2_03.JPG

Buk-M1_M1-2_02.JPG

Buk-M1_M1-2_01.JPG

. . . and these rockets to destroy RC planes :smile:

Isn't that the 9K37 and the improved version? (9M317?) Those both look like great examples of craft skills and model-building handywork!

Are these also some of your own design-and-build model rockets? Do you have a secret source of good scale data for these missiles (if it is NOT classified or anything that would cause problems) or did you pull the measurements from photographs and other sources?

And what else are you hiding over there?

Powderburner And what else are you hiding over there?

I have no secrets for Friends in America. My information over here.

_maks-2009_1361karp.jpg

0_37ca1_dd8db348_orig.jpg

9M317_surface-to-air_missile_of_Buk-M2E.jpg

1214165790_o.jpg

buk03_DCE.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice photos!!

On our side of the water I'll be attending the MCAS Miramar air show here in San Diego on Saturday to see what they have. There's always a good selection of WWII and post-WWII aircraft, but usually not many missiles. I'm hoping there will still be a B-17 this year but several have crashed in the last few years and there are hardly any flying ones left. Several years ago we got to see the SR-71 Blackbird (the noisiest airplane I've ever heard) and more recently the F-117 stealth fighter.

caveduck Very nice photos!!

Thanks, Caveduck

Make photos, please, I haven't chance to see this myself. Thank you in advance. Have a nice trip.

Today the second day of work of The VIth Russian Science Festival in Moscow.
A few photos of my exhibition space.

MF2011_01.jpg

MF2011_03.jpg

MF2011_04.jpg

MF2011_05.jpg

MF2011_06.jpg

Wow. Very nice display with some seriously well built and finished rockets. I'm very impressed.

Back