Centuri - Snipe Hunter Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveduck

semi old rocketeer
Reaction score
Surprisingly there was no gallery for this yet. Here's my just-completed Semroc retro-repro Snipe Hunter in the stock paint scheme from the kit card. Four decades ago this was state of the art for competition payload altitude models.

20110809_SnipeHunter_Gallery_r1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words foamy! I love a lot of the older style kits, especially Centuri...it's nice having Semroc these days - their kits are great and all the basic classic parts are available. Cheers! :cheers:

Heres my Semroc retro-repro Snipe Hunter. Changed the colors some. Put my SAM# on the LL

Attachments

• Snipe Hunter9c.JPG
    Snipe Hunter9c.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 98
Welcome to the Centuri - Snipe Hunter (KB-13 or #5043) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Snipe Hunter (KB-13 or #5043) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Snipe Hunter: KB-13 or #5043
Semroc: Snipe Hunter: KV-51

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Snipe Hunter (KB-13 or #5043) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Snipe Hunter

KB-13 or #5043

Introduced: 1967
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Payload
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.5"
Diameter: 0.907"
Span:
Weight: 0.85 oz

Mfg. Description: A fantastic performer!! Chosen for its new, high performance design characteristics, the SNIPE HUNTER was flown in the first International Model Rocket Championship Meet held at Dubnika, Czechoslovakia. Comes with clear plastic see-thru payload capsule. Terrific for demonstration or display. Study the effects of acceleration on insect life with assured parachute recovery. (Centuri 1967 Catalog)

=====

1968 Catalog text identical to 1967 Catalog
1969 Catalog text identical to 1967 Catalog

=====

A fantastic performer!! Chosen for its high performance design, the SNIPE HUNTER was flown in the first International Model Rocket Championships held in Czechoslovakia, May 1966. Launch live insect specimens inside plastic see-thru capsule to observe effects of high acceleration rocket flights. Comes complete with decals and 12" parachute. (Centuri 1971 Catalog)

centuri-snipe%20hunter-1967%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1967 Catalog
centuri-snipe%20hunter-1968%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1968 Catalog
centuri-snipe%20hunter-1969%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1969 Catalog

centuri-snipe%20hunter-1971%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1971 Catalog
centuri-snipe%20hunter-1972%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1972 Catalog
centuri-snipe%20hunter-1975%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1975 Catalog

centuri-snipe%20hunter-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog
centuri-snipe%20hunter-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1980 Catalog

centuri-snipe%20hunter-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Semroc Snipe Hunter (KV-51) Basic Information.

semroc.gif
Semroc Astronautics

Snipe Hunter

KV-51

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Payload
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.1" (30.7 cm)
Diameter: 0.908" (2.3 cm)
Span: 3.6" (9.2 cm)
Weight: 0.5 oz (14.2 g)

Mfg. Description: 1967 Retro Repro (Semroc 2011 Web Ad)

semroc-snipe%20hunter-2011%20web%20livery.jpg
Semroc 2011 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Another excellent Retro-Repro from Semroc.
SnipeHunter-1.jpg
SnipeHunteronbackgrnd.png

Last edited:
Did you use a piece of BT for the Motor Strengthenig Band?
Nice job, looks rich.

Thanks SD. I used that strip of paper that came with the kit and used F'n'F to get rid of the lap. I'm not sure what it's purpose is, except perhaps to reinforce the tube top—to keep the payload from getting a wobbly fit?

The gold color is Createx Pearlized Copper, but it looks more like a warm gold. The light I shot it in doesn't help it much either. I probably should have mixed some transparent red in it to make more copper-like, but I'm alright with it.

Checking out your excellent example above—have you launched it yet? I really like the style of these little rockets.

Last edited:
Thanks SD. I used that strip of paper that came with the kit and used F'n'F to get rid of the lap. I'm not sure what it's purpose is, except perhaps to reinforce the tube top—to keep the payload from getting a wobbly fit?

The gold color is Createx Pearlized Copper, but it looks more like a warm gold. The light I shot it in doesn't help it much either. I probably should have mixed some transparent red in it to make more copper-like, but I'm alright with it.

Checking out your excellent example above—have you launched it yet? I really like the style of these little rockets.
Ive launch it a couple times on A8-5.
Flys nice.

What a great name! not sure if all the TRF'ers know what one is..:wink:

B-day Feb 2013& STUFF 044.jpgHere's my SNIPE!!! Still thinkin 'bout building a D/E XL type Snipe Hunter!!!
Cave Duck, Scotty Dog, Foamy,....your Snipe Hunters look just AWESOME!!:)

Last edited:
SEMROC kit from eRockets.

I went with a metallic Silver for the body tube, turned out pretty decent. Hope to fly it in a couple of weeks at a Centuri Classics club launch.

DSC_6525.jpg

DSC_6526.jpg

Back