I couldn't dream of that!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what makes it green, but some engineer must have had fun comparing the benefits: "This propellant has more thrust, but this one has more burntime and looks badass!"

I'm surprised nobody has said it...

Make a rocket SO BIG I can ride in it. Big enough to break the sound barrier. If it goes CATO, I've died happily :)

Oh, and apparently you can buy old Russian fighter jets for 150,000 or so. I'm assuming that would be pocket change, so I'd get two of those, whip up some laser tag pods, and have dogfights in supersonic jets with friends for kicks.

Definetly invest a good hunk of resources... It never hurts to make alot even more.

Minimum Diameter P motor... I've always been obsessed with Aerodynamic heating. I'd love to have the nosecone of a rocket sitting over my desk, blackened and charred. When clients/co-workers (Yes I'd still work) came to my desk and asked, my response would be "it was caught in a windstorm. A really bad one."

I have no idea what makes it green, but some engineer must have had fun comparing the benefits: "This propellant has more thrust, but this one has more burntime and looks badass!"

Amen! I wish i could be that guy!:wink:

If I won a million, I would buy a large plot to launch rockets. If I won 20-30, I would be buy on heck of a plot.

I would make the ultimate workshop with all the rocket tools (and motors) ever made, then squander the rest of my money on kits.

I would start by building my dream workshop. I would buy some old workshop and transform it into my rocket construction HQ. It would have Lathes, drills, CNC machines, saws of all kinds, a resin infusion system, Shop presses, small tools, cranes. I would also stock up on epoxy, fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar etc.
Good, good. And while I'm at it, electronics, woodworking, sheet metal, blacksmithing, and whitesmithing equipment. And then invite the local maker community into The Best Hackerspace EVER!

Good, good. And while I'm at it, electronics, woodworking, sheet metal, blacksmithing, and whitesmithing equipment. And then invite the local maker community into The Best Hackerspace EVER!
Same!

I'm surprised nobody has said it...

Make a rocket SO BIG I can ride in it. Big enough to break the sound barrier. If it goes CATO, I've died happily :)

I have thought of this many times. Something huge with an O motor. Ride in the payload bay, single deployment. If only it weren't illegal (and stupid!).

Of course, if you're standing up while ascending, you're upside down while descending. Probably not a comfortable landing even at 15 fps. :wink:

I have thought of this many times. Something huge with an O motor. Ride in the payload bay, single deployment. If only it weren't illegal (and stupid!).

Of course, if you're standing up while ascending, you're upside down while descending. Probably not a comfortable landing even at 15 fps. :wink:
You could also make a capsule that ejects from the payload bay at deployment and comes down under a seperate parachute....

like this.

View attachment 314145

A much more reasonable wish... A full scale IQSY Tomahawk w/ 98mm or 150mm. 9" diameter, almost 20ft tall.

Unreasonable... Fully liquid motors for rocketry. Can't beat a 50-80% efficiency bonus! Also, they're just cool!

Don't forget hold-down clamps and umbilical fuel lines...

Back