Estes contact

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skybuster

Reaction score
hi everybody,
I had the chance to launch my Astron elliptic this weekend. The first flight went flawless, and then it went down hill. On the second launch, I lost half the streamer, which wasn't too big of a deal for me. Then on the third launch, the friction fit failed, and the A10-0T in the first stage was unable to release from the A3-4T that ignited and ended up blowing out the engine mount in the first stage. It's a great rocket, however since this happened, and it is under warranty, does anyone know the contact information for Estes? I've emailed them before, but i have never received a response, so would anyone happen to know their phone number?

Thanks for the info,
:cheers:

I don't know...you might have a tough time selling that as a warranty issue.

Now, if the stage coupler was REALLY tight, I could see the problem, but if it wasn't, or the staging design doesn't require one...

FC

Or you can contact their cheif R&D designer over on YORF. He seldom posts over here.

Or you can contact their cheif R&D designer over on YORF. He seldom posts over here.

Yea, but he doesn't really deal with customer service issues. In fact he's the one that suggested the Facebook page to a customer who wasn't getting what they needed from the normal channels.

Yea, but he doesn't really deal with customer service issues. In fact he's the one that suggested the Facebook page to a customer who wasn't getting what they needed from the normal channels.

I know that. But he has responded to questions and referred issues he read about over to the appropriate handlers at Estes.

thanks everybody. Just sent them an email, if it works out and the warranty covers it great. If not, just have to redo the engine mount.

Thanks again

Just received an email from Christine at Estes, and I will be getting a replacement. Thank you Estes, it's great to see a company who stands by their product!

Just received an email from Christine at Estes, and I will be getting a replacement. Thank you Estes, it's great to see a company who stands by their product!

I'm not surprised, Christine was great when I had an Estes E-9 CATO in my Apogee Aspire. Sent me an Estes Eliminator to replace my Aspire, two packs of D-12 motors and even replaced the launch rod that was destroyed!

I'm not surprised, Christine was great when I had an Estes E-9 CATO in my Apogee Aspire. Sent me an Estes Eliminator to replace my Aspire, two packs of D-12 motors and even replaced the launch rod that was destroyed!
Wow, that was pretty nice especially the extra engines! I have to admit that this is my first experience with receiving a response from Estes and I am pretty impressed with them.

Like I said before, this is not a new thing. Here is another thread about Estes customer support:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=23206

When I talked to Christine the first time, she said it was easier to just send a new kit because most of the parts are in China, but when I bent an odd size body tube on the "Eliminator" she looked through a spare parts bin and found the exact purple 57mm tube and coupler to repair it and sent it gratis.....:D

I’m still waiting for an answer to a question I sent Estes Monday.

Back