Nike Hercules Photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdunn12

Reaction score
Got these pics of a Nike Hercules today thought some of you guys might find them useful!
IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

I`m really glad you posted those great pics ,lots of important detail ,that will prove very usefull when I start my big Sandman "Gordon" kit this fall.

Thanks and bookmarked !!

Paul t

The nike hercules is not complete. It is a trainer model, not flight model. Most of the fins are ok. The interstage adaptor is a trainer. Used to allow trainees to see the ignitors setup for the nikes. They are also missing the fin stability brackets that hold the movable fins from moving doing the nike burn. The lower covers at the bottom are not correct also. Thanks for the photos. it is a pretty clean display. Most are buried under coats of paint.

Where is this display?

Last edited:
I noticed the bottom looked different and the interstage coupler was different but did not know why thanks for the info!! The display is at Gardendale high school in Alabama,they also have 3 Nike Ajax there but I didnt have time to get pics,one of them has the booster missing,the other 2 are pretty much complete.

Back