liftoff! gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Group Builder owns TRF

https://www.groupbuilder.com/tos/

6. Content Posted by members

6.2. By posting content on the Websites, you also grant, and warrant that you have the authority to grant, the Company a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide right and license to display, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, use, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any and all content that you post on the Websites. If you do not wish to grant Group Builder these rights, do not submit content to the Website.

Last edited:
Frenzy J250 Skidmark 2774ft.
Not the greatest picture, actually a still from the video taken with my iPhone
Frenzy J250.jpg

Here's my trusty Darkstar Extreme breaking away on the new Aerotech L1000 White Lightning DMS. Pretty cool motor!

image.jpg

Thanks, I have only flown with SARA once at Desert Heat last March. Same area but without the shade and runway.
Nice looking rocket, I have never seen a fincan quite like that...

Not that you asked for it, but below is a closeup of the fincan. The airframe is 3" blue tube, 1/4" plywood through the wall fins, the rings are 6" blue tube coupler, 38mm motor mount. Unfortunately it ended up pretty heavy and the highest I can hope on a 6XL CTI case is around 3900'. The CTI J453 took it to 3787'.

starspike fincan.jpg

Not that you asked for it, but below is a closeup of the fincan. The airframe is 3" blue tube, 1/4" plywood through the wall fins, the rings are 6" blue tube coupler, 38mm motor mount. Unfortunately it ended up pretty heavy and the highest I can hope on a 6XL CTI case is around 3900'. The CTI J453 took it to 3787'.

View attachment 178641

Nice detail in that pic., you do some fine work. Flying with SARA and their 6500 ft. waiver, you don't need any more altitude. 1/4" fins are a bit much though. Hope I can get back down there again, love the night launches! Warp Core Breach got quite a hand when I flew it:

Yeah, that black square is a video of WCB at Desert heat. Click on it to watch. I have no idea why it took so long to light that CTI J520.....

Since this is the "lift-off! gallery, and I just found a bunch of video's my wife Sharon took at Desert Heat, here is a shot of Jughead, my 5" Jart with a 75mm motor mount tube:
3-30-2014desertheat025.jpg

Flying on a 54mm K750 Redline:

I can't really give any details about that flight, but all my sims were WRONG. Lesson learned; Never make a first flight on a new rocket with a big motor at a launch with a 6500 ft. waiver. :blush:

Here is one of a mistake on my part with my Bruiser EXP3 flying just the Fincan and Nose Cone on what was supposed to be a Cesaroni I445 V-Max test flight but my rushing ended up with an I445 V-Max motor with a K2045 V-Max Nozzel so this was a very very very did I mention very low-and slow flight,........ maybe 60-70 feet and took about 4 seconds to get there. came down hard but lived to fly again...Bruiser EXP3.jpg

Not a picture but a video of a liftoff from a flight done this morning:

[youtube]W8cRnITXWtY[/youtube]

Neat video. Looks like you can even see shock diamonds in the exhaust.

Here is my Scratchbuild named Optimus Prime maiden flight on a G77-4R in it's 56" tall configuration
uvs140727-005.jpg

I've posted this elsewhere, but I am very proud of it (almost insufferably so), so I am posting it here, too :blush:.

Mega Der Drei Max on a G125 Red Lightning, an H163 White Thunder, and an H133 Blue Streak:

redWhiteBluee.jpg

Last edited:
It is very deserving of this thread, wfcook!! Didn't you do it on skids at one point too? I recall Smokey Sams too.

Chad Did you launch that Dark Star this year is that what the photo is from .............. Very nice looking !!

Paul
Yup, two weeks ago at LDRS - that was Sunday. Flew it Friday as well, on a very similar motor, the K700.

My L3 attempt at URRF with my Ultimate Darkstar "UP IN SMOKE" on a CTI M 1810 red lightning.
Unfortunately the main chute did not deploy, and you can figure out the rest lol.DAY1-7(1).jpgDAY1-8.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Mizz Rhonda on a K454 skid flying at the new site at Bong. It went 7,898 feet.

image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• g80.jpg
    g80.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 22
  • h115.jpeg
    h115.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 22
  • i350.jpeg
    i350.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 23
  • j316.jpeg