Estes - Raven Gallery (#2029)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Reaction score
This Estes rocket was only available from 1990-1991.

A nice and sleek BT-60 based rocket with stick-on decals.

Raven1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I love the paint job...How did you get the silver stripes so clean. :wink:

Here's my Raven.

I thought it was a good looking kit. I, too, wonder why it had such a short existance.

Estes Raven.jpg

Huh... Sorta looks like a short Mean Machine... with a different nose cone, of course.

Welcome to the Estes Raven (#2029) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Raven (#2029) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Raven: #2029

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Raven (#2029) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Raven Also known as:

NUMBER: #2029

Introduced: 1990
Final Year: 1991
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 26.5"
Diameter: 1.637"
Span:
Weight: 2.51 oz

Mfg. Description: Pressure-sensitive foil decal is featured on this nearly two foot tall sport bird with gray and black paint scheme. Can be flown over 600 feet. Recovery is via 12" parachute. (Estes 1990 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-raven%202029-1990%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1990 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-raven%202029-facecard.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-raven%202029-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I love going through my collection of old plans/decals. I just turned up the Raven's plans... Forgot I even bought it (I picked it up for the NC/body tube). It became either a Sentinel or a Magnum. Now where did those decals disappear to?

The Estes Raven was a kit I bought via Ebay to clone the National Aerospace Plane. I thought the Raven was boring. I used the nose cone and body tube for that project, but kept the fins and decal just in case. A few years later I saw Leo's Raven kit and realized what a cool looking bird it was. The rest, as they say, is history. :cool: :D

Latest posts

Back