Sizing of tubing couplers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted

Reaction score
My TLP Nike Ajax kit was missing a tubing coupler to reinforce the body tube under the motor mount,the tubing size is 2.6".How do i figure out what size tubing coupler to get for this body tube?

Thanks!

Contact the vendor that sold you the kit? (If you can't reach TLP directly)

Before I spent my own money on the 'official' component I would be tempted to use a DIY equivalent. Get a scrap length of BT, cut a slot out of the side so it can be squeezed down to slip-fit inside the original BT, and slather into place with a good dose of thin epoxy. Or, cut a long strip (or two) of cardstock and laminate that into place on the inside.

Nothing says you absolutely have to use the 'official' manufacturer's part....

For the price of it i just wanted to order it tonight and get it here as soon as possible.No scraps around here i just started with this rocket,but now that you mention it I'm sure i can just make something myself easily.Thanks!

For the price of it i just wanted to order it tonight and get it here as soon as possible.No scraps around here i just started with this rocket,but now that you mention it I'm sure i can just make something myself easily.Thanks!

www.hobbylinc.com/htm/sfr808000.htm
3" BT- 80 coupler $1.39, $5.95 shipping

www.balsamachining.com
4" C 80 coupler $1.00, $6.00 flat shipping
6" C 80 coupler $1.50, $6.00 flat shipping

www.semroc.com/Store/Products/HollowCouplers.asp
4" BT 80 coupler $3.35, Free shipping on orders over $10.00

I'd buy another kit to work on along with extra tubes, couplers, centering rings,kevlar... ect. to have available when you need them and to spread out the shipping cost.

Back