UPscaler Parachute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I bought a chute from UPscaler. I wanted a custom orange and blue chute that was different. It is similar and shape to a Rocketman or Skyangle but the checker pattern makes it standout. I can not remember how much I paid for it, but it is good quality at a good price.

Plus:
1) Quality: Seams are well sewn and it held up to 3 flights thus far and show no damage. Good quality 1.1 oz ripstop.

2) Performance: It is a 3-4 foot chute and packs like that and brought down a 2.5 lb rocket at about 16-17 ft/s.

3) The unique design is one that I have not seen before. It stood out at our launch.

Cons:
I can not think of any. Initially, I was worried the lines were thin. I prefer slightly thicker. They are near 1/8 round nylon cord. Then again, they have worked without a flaw, so I may have to rethink that.

Overall: A good chute that I would recommend to others and purchase again.

IMG_8908.jpg

I bought a chute from UPscaler. I wanted a custom orange and blue chute that was different. It is similar and shape to a Rocketman or Skyangle but the checker pattern makes it standout. I can not remember how much I paid for it, but it is good quality at a good price.

Plus:
1) Quality: Seams are well sewn and it held up to 3 flights thus far and show no damage. Good quality 1.1 oz ripstop.

2) Performance: It is a 3-4 foot chute and packs like that and brought down a 2.5 lb rocket at about 16-17 ft/s.

3) The unique design is one that I have not seen before. It stood out at our launch.

Cons:
I can not think of any. Initially, I was worried the lines were thin. I prefer slightly thicker. They are near 1/8 round nylon cord. Then again, they have worked without a flaw, so I may have to rethink that.

Overall: A good chute that I would recommend to others and purchase again.
Chuck, thanks for the kind words!

I was a little concerned about the lines as well, but they worked. I would like to make one with, say, half inch flat nylon, with the lines sewn all the way over the canopy. I'm just not sure if that would add too much unnecessary weight, if it does, I supposed it could be anchored like the lines on yours are.

I'm glad you enjoy your purchase!

Braden

Latest posts

Back